Question No bios no boot after reseating cpu

Jul 28, 2024
My pc ran into abunch of overheating issues. I bought a better cpu air-cooler after seeing high temps when using cinebench to troubleshot recent poor preformance.
I reseated my cpu and installed a new tower cooler and new thermal paste. Everything installed easily enough. Went to reboot and no display on my monitors, no bios, but all the fans and perferials had power (keyboard lit up when powering up, fans worked including the fresh installed one, motherboard rgb lighting working. There was also 2 red leds on motherboard labled cpu and dram (debug leds i think)

Mb: asrock z690 steel legend
Cpu: intel i7 12700
Graphics: evga rtx 3060
Power: evga supernova 750 gt
4 8gb sticks ram

I am happy to elaborate on any questions, add photos or even link to a video to help make any assesments and fixes. I doubt ill do anything the rest of the day and night since i use my computer alot on the weekends and want to figure out why it wont work. Please lend my your knowledge and experience!!

Thank you

Jul 28, 2024
For more information here are some outliars that occured

I dont think i damaged any pins on the motherboard, the cpu doesnt appear to have pins

I put a little bit of tape on the backside of motherboard to hold rear mount in place while installing tower cooler. I removed it after screwing the mount in

I was slightly messy with the removal of the old thermal paste and application of the new one, a little clump fell into the motherboard socket but i believed i removed if all without smearing any

The cpu is the same one that was working ealier today, it was reinstalled with the correct orientation and sits cleanly in motherboard