[SOLVED] No bios

May 2, 2020
Hey guys, building a rig for my girlfriend using old parts and some new ones today; I put the thing together and it doesn’t display to any monitors so I can’t get into bios. There’s no boot cycle or anything it looks as if all is working but no display, the gpu works I’ve tried it on my own rig and even the I gpu doesn’t seem to show any display. I’m thinking it might be the ram but would like to hear any opinions.
Rig:
Mobo: B250f strix
Cpu: i5 7500
Gpu: 980
Psu: Corsair tm 750
Ram: 4*4gb Corsair vengeance lpx

Solution
Firstly, follow this guide in it's entirety (even if some steps seem simple and obvious, but a triple check never hurts and really does cover most problems):

Following that, are all 4 RAM modules bought from the same pack (irrespective of whther they are the same model)? So it was an individual 4x4GB RAM pack?

If the guide above identifies nothing - I'd be tempted to remove all but 1 RAM module, reset CMOS and repeat the boot process to see what happens. Then if that does nothing, breadboard it.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Firstly, follow this guide in it's entirety (even if some steps seem simple and obvious, but a triple check never hurts and really does cover most problems):

Following that, are all 4 RAM modules bought from the same pack (irrespective of whther they are the same model)? So it was an individual 4x4GB RAM pack?

If the guide above identifies nothing - I'd be tempted to remove all but 1 RAM module, reset CMOS and repeat the boot process to see what happens. Then if that does nothing, breadboard it.

Reactions: PedbigM
Solution
May 2, 2020

Will give that a go in the morning and no it was 2 2*4 packs seemed to work fine before I gave them to gf, thanks for the reply I’ll se what happens