Question No boot after M.2 installation

Sep 4, 2019
Hi! First post on this forum, but a long time anonymous visitor!
Iv'e hit a wall and I need some assistance.

My current PC sits on a Asus Z270H Gaming mobo, I have been using one SSD (Samsung 840 for windows) 2 old and irrelevant Seagate HDDs for general storage and one Biwin M.2 for games. This setups has been working flawlessly for way too long, so I decided to upgrade parts of the storage.
I switched out one of the Seagates for a Kingston SSD and the Biwin was replaced with an Intel 760p series M.2 SSD.
Now, after plugging everything in, the PC boots to BIOS and nothing else. It initially tried to exclusively boot from the Intel, which obviously didn't work, but how ever I tried it only booted straight into BIOS. I have now tried to remove the Intel, as well as the new Kingston, but the issue persists. I have checked and made sure that I am not using any of the SATA ports that the M.2-row disables. Any tips?

Sep 4, 2019
What did you do with the Windows installation? Did you re-install from scratch or did you clone the ssd?
Oh no, sorry I was unclear. Windows has not moved, it's still on the Samsung SSD! The same as it's been forever and I was not planning on migrating Windows either.

Edit: I was worried the Windows SSD had broken down, for whatever reason, since booting from it still seems impossible. However, in BIOS, the Secure Erase tab shows the drive as "frozen", and in Easy Flash I am able to navigate the drive and it's filesystem. So, I'm thinking a file may have been corrupted in some way? I need to go down and buy a flash drive today and see if I can make a Windows-flash to try and repair the OS, since I don't have one lying around the house for some reason..

Last edited: