Question No boot after most recent GPU driver update ?

Oct 11, 2022
have been running my trident Z Royal on my Asus Rog x570-E for a year+ and just recently updated my gpu drivers and am now getting an orange DRAM error light on boot. Anyone else?

cpu: x5900
Gpu: msi 3090 suprim

jnjnilson6

Distinguished
have been running my trident Z Royal on my Asus Rog x570-E for a year+ and just recently updated my gpu drivers and am now getting an orange DRAM error light on boot. Anyone else?

cpu: x5900
Gpu: msi 3090 suprim
You can unplug the Power Supply cable which goes into the wall from the side of the power supply (and then plug it back in); you can try another place to plug in the machine. You can remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard and replace it again. You should check all the connections and cables in the box and make sure they're properly connected to and from the motherboard and the video card. If these things don't work you may try borrowing an older video card from somewhere and see if the system works with it. In case it works with another card, you should seek out the warranty for the 3090. If you have two or more slots you may remove all the RAM sticks, grab a single stick and then try putting it in slot 1, if it doesn't work, try putting it in slot 2 and continue on until you run out of slots. If there are no results try the same thing with another stick until you run out of sticks. If you have more than one PCIe slot for the video card, try putting it in the other slot/slots to see if things get better; you can also dust the GPU off (very, very carefully) and do make sure it's properly and firmly connected to the Power Supply and motherboard. Can you get to the BIOS at all?

Oct 11, 2022
You can unplug the Power Supply cable which goes into the wall from the side of the power supply (and then plug it back in); you can try another place to plug in the machine. You can remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard and replace it again. You should check all the connections and cables in the box and make sure they're properly connected to and from the motherboard and the video card. If these things don't work you may try borrowing an older video card from somewhere and see if the system works with it. In case it works with another card, you should seek out the warranty for the 3090. If you have two or more slots you may remove all the RAM sticks, grab a single stick and then try putting it in slot 1, if it doesn't work, try putting it in slot 2 and continue on until your run out of slots. If there are no results try the same thing with another stick until you run out of sticks. If you have more than one PCIe slot for the video card, try putting it in the other slot/slots to see if things get better; you can also dust the GPU off (very, very carefully) and do make sure it's properly and firmly connected to the Power Supply and motherboard. Can you get to the BIOS at all?
No can’t get to bios, will try thank you

Reactions: jnjnilson6
Oct 11, 2022
No can’t get to bios, will try thank you

So after doing those steps I was able to get to a screen that says ‘American Megatrends,’ saying ‘system posted in safe mode. This may be due to the previous post attempt failing because of system instability, or if the power button was held in to force the system off. If the system failure to post after you made changes to UEFI settings, you may wish to revert to stable settings to prevent post failure. Press F1 to run set up

I’ve done this and reverted to ‘stable settings, but still get this screen every time :(

Oct 11, 2022
I’ve run out of patience, I work 60hr weeks I’m just gonna have to do the unthinkable and make micro center fix it for me.
I know I know
I have my stream pc, r5 5600, 2060super that will get me through