Question No boot disk found or boot disk has failed

Mar 13, 2021
I have been trying to put together a computer using older parts that I had from previous computers and I got everything working and everything booted up on a test bench but then I ordered a new case and some cable extensions for the computer and I put everything in and it gave me the error of the boot disk not being found or it failed which I thought was weird since it literally worked a couple days before I got the case and cable extensions. I assumed that since I was using and older HDD that maybe it did fail so I went out and got a new one and I reinstalled windows onto the new one and I got the same issue. I definitely knew it wasn’t the HDD this time so I put it I my own personally pc to see if it would boot and surely it did so I went back to the other pc and tried changing the boot orders I messed around with the boot orders and even tried it in legacy mode and still no luck. I’m starting to think maybe the motherboard might have failed but I’m not 100 percent sure so I’m seeking other solutions before I go out and keep buying new parts.

I have been trying to put together a computer using older parts that I had from previous computers and I got everything working and everything booted up on a test bench but then I ordered a new case and some cable extensions for the computer and I put everything in and it gave me the error of the boot disk not being found or it failed which I thought was weird since it literally worked a couple days before I got the case and cable extensions. I assumed that since I was using and older HDD that maybe it did fail so I went out and got a new one and I reinstalled windows onto the new one and I got the same issue. I definitely knew it wasn’t the HDD this time so I put it I my own personally pc to see if it would boot and surely it did so I went back to the other pc and tried changing the boot orders I messed around with the boot orders and even tried it in legacy mode and still no luck. I’m starting to think maybe the motherboard might have failed but I’m not 100 percent sure so I’m seeking other solutions before I go out and keep buying new parts.
Put it back on the test bench without the cable extensions and see if it boots.

Mar 13, 2021
Put it back on the test bench without the cable extensions and see if it boots.
I did that and it booted but I tried to do it multiple times in a row and it wasn’t consistent it would boot but then another time it would say there’s no boot disk so far I got it to boot about 3 times but most of the time it just keeps saying no boot disk

Mar 13, 2021
Keep it on the test bench.
List the parts your trying to put together.
I pretty much took down to bare bones. I have the motherboard with integrated graphics and the ram I have the power supply and the HDD as for name brands of all the components the HDD I bought yesterday that’s western digital but everything else I had for quite sometime so I can’t really recall the names of everything.

I pretty much took down to bare bones. I have the motherboard with integrated graphics and the ram I have the power supply and the HDD as for name brands of all the components the HDD I bought yesterday that’s western digital but everything else I had for quite sometime so I can’t really recall the names of everything.
Parts must be compatible.
Each part should have a make and model label.
Make a list.

Mar 13, 2021
Parts must be compatible.
Each part should have a make and model label.
Make a list.
Motherboard is from and HP computer AAHD2-HY
Power supply I ripped all the labels off of it long ago for a more pleasing look when it was in the case but I know it’s 500 watts and I believe it’s from the company xpower
The HDD is western digital blue 2tb

everything above I use to have in my own personal computer besides the HDD (since that’s new) until I upgraded it so I know they work together and I had the original HDD and tried using it with all the components but got the same error which is why I got the new one in the first place.

Mar 13, 2021
Motherboard is from and HP computer AAHD2-HY
Power supply I ripped all the labels off of it long ago for a more pleasing look when it was in the case but I know it’s 500 watts and I believe it’s from the company xpower
The HDD is western digital blue 2tb

everything above I use to have in my own personal computer besides the HDD (since that’s new) until I upgraded it so I know they work together and I had the original HDD and tried using it with all the components but got the same error which is why I got the new one in the first place.
Also a side note I have it pretty much barebones and it was still giving me the error but then I disconnected all the cables and reconnecting them and it’s been pretty consistent for now

Mar 13, 2021
Also a side note I have it pretty much barebones and it was still giving me the error but then I disconnected all the cables and reconnecting them and it’s been pretty consistent for now
I think I might have found the issue after messing with it for awhile I noticed that if I changed the sata power cable connectors it works so it seems like there is only one connector that doesn’t work or at least it doesn’t have a good connection.