No boot - Gateway Solo 2500

I just bought a Gateway Solo 2500 laptop for a few bucks in excellent
physical shape that won't boot. The power light comes on, the floppy drive
engages for a split second, the hard disk engages for a split second, then
nothing. No video on the LCD screen or BIOS error beeps. I've been reading
prior newsgroup posts about problems with the CPU board coming loose causing
these exact symptoms, but I've tried reseating it with no change. Any other
ideas? Appreciate any help.

Thanks,

TS

Scott

Ir seems to me I had that problem once (with a 5150XL, and the fix was to
slide the end of a paper clip into the little hole on the right edge of
the case. This performed some kind of a reset.

Scott