[SOLVED] No boot

laker1706

Reputable
Jul 5, 2017
Hi guys.
I made a couple of changes to my PC.
I replaced the thermal pads and paste on my GPU, and installed an AIO instead of air cooler.
I have more than a little experience with those kind of things although its the first time I install and AIO.
After I finished everything, I connected the pc, it powers up but no video signal.
No beeps, just solid orange light on mobo.
All fans are spinning, including GPU.
I tried removing the battery for a few minutes, removing the gpu and connecting DP to mobo, and changing the RAM sticks, same thing.

Z490 TUF
I5 10600K stock
ID cooling zoomflow 360x
Gigabyte 2080ti gaming
XPG 2X16 3200 CL16 D41
2 NVME SSDS 970 EVO
ANTEC HCG 750 GOLD
NX600 + 3 built in fans

THANKS 🙏

Lutfij

Titan
When removing the CMOS from the motherboard, you're advised to disconnect from the wall and monitor, press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds and then remove the CMOS battery. Replace it after 30 minutes.

Are you working with this motherboard? Breadboard the system, remove the SSD that does not have the OS on it from the motherboard, work with one stick of ram populating slot A2 on the motherboard. Did you add an AIO to the GPU or the CPU? Speaking of OS, which slot is the OS SSD populating?

Reactions: laker1706

laker1706

Reputable
Jul 5, 2017
When removing the CMOS from the motherboard, you're advised to disconnect from the wall and monitor, press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds and then remove the CMOS battery. Replace it after 30 minutes.

Are you working with this motherboard? Breadboard the system, remove the SSD that does not have the OS on it from the motherboard, work with one stick of ram populating slot A2 on the motherboard. Did you add an AIO to the GPU or the CPU? Speaking of OS, which slot is the OS SSD populating?
Yes its that mobo.
AIO is on the cpu, os ssd is on the lower slot which is the primary.
Trying everything right now

Edit: there is some progress.
Now I get the boot led and beeps and this message: CPU fan speed error, ensure that the cpu fan is properly installed on the cpu_fan header.

Now I have the AIO on the pump header, and I have a coolermaster ARGB/PWM splitter connected to CPU fan like its says on their manual.
What should I do?

Last edited:

laker1706

Reputable
Jul 5, 2017
Another update.
I accidentally connected the controller to cpu_opt instead of fan.
But that's not why it didn't boot, appearantly it won't boot with a RAM installed on the B2 slot now, even when changing them and with XMP off.
Any ideas?

Update: Its not this specific slot, even A2&B1 won't boot, A2 alone is fine.
What the heck?

laker1706

Reputable
Jul 5, 2017
Hey guys.
I recently changed the CPU cooler to an AIO and replace thermal pads on my GPU.
after I put together everything again, the PC won't boot, no signal and solid orange light on the asus q led.
It goes red-orange thrice, then restarts once after a minute and then stays on.
That's with sticks on A2+B2 and A2+B1.
With one stick, no matter which one of them, PC works completely fine XMP off/on.
I tried clearing cmos, updating and resetting BIOS, same results.

I'm completely clueless and unsure about anything in my life right now 🤣

Could definitely use your help.

Lutfij

Titan
coolermaster ARGB/PWM splitter

??
Can you elaborate on why you have a controller by Coolermaster? It's not stated in the thread's posts above.

Considering you're able to get into BIOS, check and see what your BIOS version is at the time of writing.

Reactions: Vic 40
Aug 15, 2021
Hey guys.
I recently changed the CPU cooler to an AIO and replace thermal pads on my GPU.
after I put together everything again, the PC won't boot, no signal and solid orange light on the asus q led.
It goes red-orange thrice, then restarts once after a minute and then stays on.
That's with sticks on A2+B2 and A2+B1.
With one stick, no matter which one of them, PC works completely fine XMP off/on.
I tried clearing cmos, updating and resetting BIOS, same results.

I'm completely clueless and unsure about anything in my life right now 🤣

Could definitely use your help.
sounds like a bent pin the socket and also any thermal paste on the pins

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Now I have the AIO on the pump header, and I have a coolermaster ARGB/PWM splitter connected to CPU fan like its says on their manual.
Looked at this as well. an ARGB splitter should imo not be connected to a fan header.

The loss of one channel might indicate too much pressure on one side of the cpu, reseat the pump from the aio. Make sure pressure is even on all sides. Look at bend pins as well as suggested.

laker1706

Reputable
Jul 5, 2017
coolermaster ARGB/PWM splitter

??
Can you elaborate on why you have a controller by Coolermaster? It's not stated in the thread's posts above.

Considering you're able to get into BIOS, check and see what your BIOS version is at the time of writing.
sounds like a bent pin the socket and also any thermal paste on the pins
Looked at this as well. an ARGB splitter should imo not be connected to a fan header.

The loss of one channel might indicate too much pressure on one side of the cpu, reseat the pump from the aio. Make sure pressure is even on all sides. Look at bend pins as well as suggested.

Were past that now, all good except the RAM, check msg #4 and #5.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Solution

laker1706

Reputable
Jul 5, 2017
I said more about cpu cooler and reseating it also bend opins need to be checked.

There is no "orange led", is likely a mix of red+yellow which is happening,
so cpu+ram. The A2 slot is the one that needs to be populated as first so good that this one works and why other do not back to bend pins or too much pressure on one side of the cpu maybe.
Sorry missed that.
I guess the cooler wasn't sitting properly as reseating it did fix the problem, I already miss Noctua's mounting :|
Thank you everyone!

Reactions: Vic 40