No Commands Working in Bios

justjohn5

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
I am completely dumbstruck on how to get this fixed... Last night, I was using my pc just like I always do. I was playing some Guild Wars 2 and minimized the game to turn some music on youtube. When I double clicked the google chrome icon, it would not start. Instead, it opened the properties menu. I thought something was wrong with chrome, so I tried opening Internet Explorer. Same exact thing happened. Tried to open multiple programs, none worked. Finally, I decided to restart the computer hoping that everything would be fine.

Now, the computer won't boot up past the Bios. I was thinking of going safe mode and going back to a restore point or maybe even reinstalling windows if that doesn't work. The problem is, no commands are working in the bios. F8, F10, F12, DEL. None are working. I have no idea what the problem is and how it can be fixed. Really need solid advice, thanks in advance.

Solution
Try a new keyboard and mouse. Maybe swap ports on the motherboard USB. If that does not work, reset the BIOS to defaults by pulling the battery for a bit with the computer unplugged.

justjohn5

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
I don't have any spare psu around.. can you explain the reasoning behind it being a virus? And if it is, how can i get rid of it without being able to even control the pc from the bios.