Question No CPU clock ratio setting in the UEFI ?

Jun 11, 2024
I have a Gigabyte X670E Aorus Xtreme motherboard and a Ryzen 9 7950X3D. I want to set a fixed voltage and a fixed clock for all CPU cores because I also want to produce music with the PC. Yesterday after installation I realised that I can't set the CPU clock ratio in the UEFI. This setting is not available for me. I have installed the latest BIOS (F30 from May 24, 2024).

Now my question, can I not set the CPU cores with this CPU? Should I exchange the CPU for the Ryzen 9 7950X? Is this a limitation of the CPU? According to the Gigabyte manual, this setting is available in the UEFI.
Does anyone know what to do or perhaps has the same motherboard?

Thanks and cheers.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You likely have some prerequisite setting you need to enable before the clock speed settings become options.

Something is probably set to auto that needs to be flipped to manual, and then more options will appear.

I haven't messed with Zen 4 yet, so not sure what setting that might be, but this is typical of motherboards.

Reactions: Brimborium
Jun 11, 2024
Thank you @Eximo. I'm not quite sure if I really need to do this. This setting was there on the old motherboard and there is nothing in the manual about it. I have a feeling that Gigabyte removed/disabled this in a BIOS update. For whatever reason. :unsure:

Thank you @Eximo. I'm not quite sure if I really need to do this. This setting was there on the old motherboard and there is nothing in the manual about it. I have a feeling that Gigabyte removed/disabled this in a BIOS update. For whatever reason. :unsure:
Yes,it's CPU limitation on all x3d. so it can't be done. It's because of added cache that is fixed speed. Just optimize it with PBO, boost and CO voltage adjustments.

Yes,it's CPU limitation on all x3d. so it can't be done. It's because of added cache that is fixed speed. Just optimize it with PBO, boost and CO voltage adjustments.
Going above normal should not be possible, but shouldn't it be possible to fix all cores to a lower than normal clock?!

PBO is actually one of the settings that when turned off could allow manual setting of clocks.

TRENDING THREADS