Question No display after enabling Secure Boot (Gigabyte Motherboard GA-H110M-S2 Rev 1.0) ?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaikyahiya

Honorable
Dec 22, 2015
Hi guys,

After Microsoft released the requirements for Windows 11, I tried enabling Intel PTT and Secure Boot in my Motherboard BIOS and since then I am unable to see any display. The CPU fan runs for a few seconds and stops then starts again. This happens in a cycle. I don't see any display whatsoever.

I had received a warning asking me to disable CSM, which I sadly ignored. Here is a screenshot of it:

I have already tried the following:
  1. Removing and putting back the Motherboard battery (to clear CMOS and reset BIOS) -> DIDN'T WORK.
  2. Removing the Graphics Card and connecting a VGA cable to the motherboard's display port -> DIDN'T WORK.
Many people on other forums have also faced this issue, specifically on Gigabyte motherboards. I am hoping there's a fix out there. Can you guys please help us out?

PC Specifications:
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2 Rev1.0 LGA1151
  • Processor: Intel i3-6098p 3.6Ghz 6th Generation Processor
  • Graphics Card: Zotac Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GDDR5
  • RAM: 24 GB DDR4 (8 +16)
  • Cabinet: Cooler Master Elite 310
  • Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2021
Hi guys,

After Microsoft released the requirements for Windows 11, I tried enabling Intel PTT and Secure Boot in my Motherboard BIOS and since then I am unable to see any display. The CPU fan runs for a few seconds and stops then starts again. This happens in a cycle. I don't see any display whatsoever.

I had received a warning asking me to disable CSM, which I sadly ignored. Here is a screenshot of it:

I have already tried the following:
  1. Removing and putting back the Motherboard battery (to clear CMOS and reset BIOS) -> DIDN'T WORK.
  2. Removing the Graphics Card and connecting a VGA cable to the motherboard's display port -> DIDN'T WORK.
Many people on other forums have also faced this issue, specifically on Gigabyte motherboards. I am hoping there's a fix out there. Can you guys please help us out?

PC Specifications:
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2 Rev1.0 LGA1151
  • Processor: Intel i3-6098p 3.6Ghz 6th Generation Processor
  • Graphics Card: Zotac Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GDDR5
  • RAM: 24 GB DDR4 (8 +16)
  • Cabinet: Cooler Master Elite 310
  • Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
Thanks in advance.
Watch this:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtmAI0WbX9c

You must to reprogram your bios chip with a reprogrammer device and using the last bios upgrade from the official web from gigabyte to this motherboard. F24

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
By default, bios should attempt to boot 3x. If boot fails 3x, it's supposed to revert back to the last known working stable bios settings. That would have undone anything you did.

All I can say is try to trick the bios. Start boot then physically pull the plug or hit the psu switch. Do that 3-4x. It should after that revert the bios.

Oct 14, 2021
To anyone that got this problem and your motherboard seems bricked, your gpu is probably getting blocked by secure boot.

1. Remove the GPU
  2. Connect the video output to the motherboard HDMI/DP - NOT the GPU!
  3. IF you don't have integrated graphics on the CPU, get a friend's cpu, or buy one compatible with your mobo(yeah, you need to)
  4. You should get into your bios now
I dont know why most of us are stupid, thinking the problem has to be something bigger, This worked, - Removing the Gpu from the motherboard was the key, cause i tried using the display ports on my mobo with the gpu still in it, and it didnt do anything. soon as i removed it started displaying everything and change the bios settings and now its working

Reactions: miamimichael

miamimichael

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
I have Gigabyte x570 I. When i disabled CSM compatibility mode and rebooted, it was like it would not post - A totally blank screen. Turns out that my older graphics card is not "UEFI" compliant. What was supposed to be showing was an enter Bitlocker key message. I swapped in a newer card and no issues. The old card on my Asus x570 reenables CSM and tells me that the graphics card is not UEFI compliant. It also tells me when I am updating BIOS that i have Bitlocker and that I should suspend it before updating. Asus also has indicator lights to tell me what went wrong when posting, my Gigabyte does not. I'm finding myself preferring my Asus MBs less hassle.

Nov 3, 2021
Guys, just change and conect a cable from DP to HDMI (Disconect the DP Cable), on your GPU and your problems will be resolved, trust, when you dont need go to the bios just use the DP as normally.

Nov 8, 2021
Guys, I got it!!

Exactly the same thing happened to me this morning. The PC just turned on, and turned off immediately after turn on secure boot. I tried all the procedures and I already wanted to throw the thing in the trash when one user advised me this procedure - exactly step no.4.

https://skyjuiceiswater.blogspot.com/2016/07/how-to-reset-gigabyte-motherboard-bios.html

Now the board is back! Hope you will get the same result. BB

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2021
Update:
It works only until I unplug the cable (if the cable is plugged in and I turn the PC off and on, then everything is fine). After reconnecting and turning on, I have to reset again with the instructions, it looks like the BIOS only switched between backup and main (which is still unchanged and faulty). Do you think flash bios will help? Because setting the bios to default does not help.

Nov 14, 2021
The same happened to my old mobo (GA-B150M-HD3) as I tried to enable secure mode. I also disabled CSM as prompted in the BIOS. The system has built in processor graphics. After reboot, there is no display and the system fall into an infinite boot loop. Tried every possible ways from here and there to reset the BIOS, but without any success. Lastly, I had to de-solder main bios chip to reprogram this with a fresh bios file by CH341A BIOS programmer. Finally restored, but shame, their over hyped backup BIOS had no use in this case.

lcXTANZ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.