[SOLVED] No display after installing new cpu.

Mar 14, 2020
So I recently upgraded from my ryzen 5 2400g to a ryzen 7 1800x. the computer turns on and lights up with both cpus but only displays a image with the old one. ive triede resetting cmos and reseating and it wont work, and my motherboard is a b450 tomahawk which states on the box it supports 1st,2nd and 3rd gen ryzen cpus. any help?

Solution
the 1800X has no graphics built-in, so you need a discrete video card - if you have one, then make sure you're not using a motherboard port

So I recently upgraded from my ryzen 5 2400g to a ryzen 7 1800x. the computer turns on and lights up with both cpus but only displays a image with the old one. ive triede resetting cmos and reseating and it wont work, and my motherboard is a b450 tomahawk which states on the box it supports 1st,2nd and 3rd gen ryzen cpus. any help?
Mar 14, 2020
I assume you bought the 1800X used?
Are you sure it has been tested before being sold to you?

the person I bought it from said he had tested it and it worked fine, and I trusted it because he has no negative feedback and plenty of positive and is a long time member of ebay.

the 1800X has no graphics built-in, so you need a discrete video card - if you have one, then make sure you're not using a motherboard port

Reactions: SamirD and Zizo007
Solution