[SOLVED] No display after plugging in graphics card

Aug 29, 2020
Hey guys, so I am in progress if building a new pc:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Z390 pro WIFI
Processor: Intel I7 -9700k 3.6ghz 8 core
Graphics Card: NVIDIA RTX 2070 super 8GB
Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200
Power supply: 650 watt

Okay so the problem that I am having is that when I plug the graphics card into the PCIE port on the motherboard and put the power cables into it my display does not turn on. The fans and led lights turn and and it seems that everything functions properly other than the fact that nothing shows up on the display. I have tried using the ports on the graphics card as well as the hdmi on the motherboard. Nothing shows up either time. I can however, get the computer to display when I unplug the graphics card completely and use the built in graphics. This is a brand new PC and I have not installed an OS or any drivers. I am unsure of the solution, however I am wondering if I might either need to install drivers, get a higher watt power supply, or if it is a defect in the ,motherboard or graphics card. PLease let me know if one of these is correct, or if there is another solution. Thank you.

Solution
Both the 8 and 6 pin are plugged in and nothing shows up when the display is plugged into the card. I do not have windows installed either. This is a brand new built pc and i have not installed any software on it yet.

Try using a different port on the GPU and preferably a DP if possible. Ive heard several people have issues with booting with HDMI for some reason.
The display must be plugged into the graphics card. You wont be able to install the Nvidia drivers without the card installed, but even without them Windows default display drivers should work.

As far as power, you must plug both the 8 and 6 pin (of both 8 pins if that's the case) plugged in from you power supply.

Aug 29, 2020
The display must be plugged into the graphics card. You wont be able to install the Nvidia drivers without the card installed, but even without them Windows default display drivers should work.

As far as power, you must plug both the 8 and 6 pin (of both 8 pins if that's the case) plugged in from you power supply.
Both the 8 and 6 pin are plugged in and nothing shows up when the display is plugged into the card. I do not have windows installed either. This is a brand new built pc and i have not installed any software on it yet.

Try using a different port on the GPU and preferably a DP if possible. Ive heard several people have issues with booting with HDMI for some reason.

Reactions: Lucas1204
Solution