Question No display and cpu debug light is on after bios flash

Dec 8, 2022
quite recently i put together a pc and all the parts are new, i did the bios flash and that went well (i used a good youtube video for this) now that i want to turn on my pc my monitor gives no signal and the cpu debug led is white. Also all the fans are spinning and everything works fine exept for my problem I have no idea what to do now to make sure everything will work. hope someone can help me! specs: Msi b550 gaming plus - AMD Ryzen 5 5600x - Nvidia GTX 1660TI - Corsair rm550x - 1tb nvme samsung ssd - corsair 4x8gb dominator ram

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

i did the bios flash and that went well (i used a good youtube video for this)
Might want to include the link to that YT video and state what you might've done if you did change anything in the process.

Just an FYI, steps on flashing the BIOS with the FLASH BIOS button on the back of your motherboard are outlined in your motherboard manual;
https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/MPGB550GAMINGPLUS.pdf
page 33. Just make sure you have an USB drive that has an LED on it to indicate when it's in use to help you understand when the process completes(no more flashing LED on the USB drive).

As for the rams you're using, can you pass on a link to them? Which slots are the rams populating on the motherboard?

Dec 8, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

i did the bios flash and that went well (i used a good youtube video for this)
Might want to include the link to that YT video and state what you might've done if you did change anything in the process.

Just an FYI, steps on flashing the BIOS with the FLASH BIOS button on the back of your motherboard are outlined in your motherboard manual;
https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/MPGB550GAMINGPLUS.pdf
page 33. Just make sure you have an USB drive that has an LED on it to indicate when it's in use to help you understand when the process completes(no more flashing LED on the USB drive).

As for the rams you're using, can you pass on a link to them? Which slots are the rams populating on the motherboard?

Okay so now i have a whole new situation, now my computer just turns on without problems, only it starts in the bios menu, also there is now a "boot" ez debug led on so my question is now how do i get out of the bios and start windows, by the way the problem was that I had tightened the AIO Cpu cooler too tight. Thanks for the quick response by the way!

Dec 8, 2022
I had tightened the AIO Cpu cooler too tight
You never mentioned that in your specs.

1tb nvme samsung ssd
Samsung have a number of NVMe SSD's, which one do you have? Does the SSD in question have the OS on it?

So i figured it all out but now i have a whole different situation, i now have 16g of ram installed and but i have 4 sticks of 8gb ram from corsair dominator ddr4 3200mhz. When i add the other 2 sticks to upgrade to 32g ram, the pc wont boot and it says cpu debug. I dont know how to fix this my mobo is msi 550gaming plus and a ryzen 5 5600x cpu.

Dec 8, 2022
Okay so now i have a whole new situation, now my computer just turns on without problems, only it starts in the bios menu, also there is now a "boot" ez debug led on so my question is now how do i get out of the bios and start windows, by the way the problem was that I had tightened the AIO Cpu cooler too tight. Thanks for the quick response by the way!
Yeah i tought the ssd had windows installed already but it didnt, i had to install windows on another pc to a usb. And then plug in the usb and boot it again so it would start up windows

Dec 8, 2022
So i figured it all out
Mind sharing what you did?

i have 4 sticks of 8gb ram from corsair dominator ddr4 3200mhz
Please add an image of the 2 its of ram, namely the stickered info for both kits.
So i figured it all out
Mind sharing what you did?

i have 4 sticks of 8gb ram from corsair dominator ddr4 3200mhz
Please add an image of the 2 its of ram, namely the stickered info for both kits.

i cant seem to post an image. But i need to know how i can add 2 more (of the same) ram sticks to upgrade from 16 to 32gb. The whole kit is 4x8gb so they are all the same sticks. On youtube they tell me i have to do something in the bios but all the videos are very unclear

Lutfij

Titan
Yeap, that's the right BIOS for your platform, with A.G.E.S.A code 1.2.0.7. In fact, at this moment of time, try and replace the two sticks of ram on your board with the two sticks of ram that you're unable to add to the motherboard. If that works without a hitch, power down the platform, disconnect from the wall and display, then remove the CMOS battery, reseat all 4 sticks of ram and then see if that brings you up to the total for your ram kit. You could also try a tedious method of inserting one stick of ram at a time until all slots are occupied.

I'd also try and use a fine bristle brush to gentle clean the ram slots off of any dirt or debris. Make sure the ram are fully seated.

Last edited:
We need the version number

e42corsair_modelsticker.jpg.54d6157e4368d400e741be10eedc7357.jpg

Dec 8, 2022
We need the version number

e42corsair_modelsticker.jpg.54d6157e4368d400e741be10eedc7357.jpg
Yeap, that's the right BISO for your platform, with A.G.E.S.A code 1.2.0.7. In fact, at this moment of time, try and replace the two sticsk of ram on your board with the two sticks of ram that you're unable toa dd to the motherboard. If that works without a hitch, power down the platform, disconnect from the wall and display, then remove the CMOS battery, reseat all 4 sticks of ram and then see if that brings you up to the total for your ram kit. You could also try a tedious method of inserting one stick of ram at a time until all slots are occupied.

I'd also try and use a fine bristle brush to gentle clean the ram slots off of any dirt or debris. Make sure the ram are fully seated.

tried your way to remove the battery but now that i have followed all the steps i still have the same problem, as soon as i put in the extra 2 ram sticks the pc won't boot to windows or bios anymore and i get a cpu debug message on my motherboard.