Question No display, and motherboard shows a red CPU LED (photo attached) ?

Oct 31, 2023
Specs: (1 year old)
  • MSI MAG X570S Tomahawk Max Wifi
  • AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
  • G.Skill 16x2 RGB RAM
  • Crucial 500GB P5 Plus NVME Gen 4
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD
  • ASUS ROG STRIX GAMING RTX 3080 12GB
  • Deepcool Cooler Castle 240EX ARGB
  • Coolermaster 850W 80 Plus Gold V2 Fully Modular PSU
  • Windows 10
Hello, Two weeks ago, I encountered the first signs of trouble with my PC. It began to spontaneously restart while I was in the middle of work. Although it wasn't happening frequently, I initially didn't pay much attention to it. However, about a week ago, the situation took a turn for the worse. My PC started shutting down randomly with no display, and a red CPU LED light on the motherboard began to flash in sync with these shutdowns.

Surprisingly, my RGB lights and fans continued to operate normally, even during these disruptive events. Strangely, when the problem occurred, I couldn't even force a shutdown by holding down the CPU's restart button. The only option was to abruptly pull the power plug and restart.

Growing increasingly frustrated and desperate for a solution, I made the decision to send my motherboard to MSI's service center. The center was inconveniently far away, and I had to endure a nerve-wracking ten-day wait. Finally, today, I received my motherboard back and eagerly installed it in my PC, hoping that the issue would be resolved. To my dismay, the problem remained, and now my PC won't even boot up.

The same ominous red LED light continued to blink, and there was still no display. The fans and RGB lights operated as usual, with the exception of my keyboard, which remained unresponsive. It's almost as if the individuals at the service center didn't bother thoroughly checking my motherboard and simply sent it back in the same condition. I'm incredibly frustrated at this point and I'm even contemplating burning this piece of garbage board and share videos of it on social media.

Image:

mAHwR00.jpg

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

It began to spontaneously restart while I was in the middle of work.
How old is the PSU in your build?

Your motherboard has a Flash BIOS button on the rear, use that to flash the BIOS to the latest version. You can follow through steps mentioned in your motherboard manual;
page 38, Updating BIOS with Flash BIOS Button

Reactions: Order 66