No display attached to Nvidia GPU

Bora Mitricevic

Reputable
Aug 21, 2014
Hello guys!

I've bought a new desktop computer and installed a fresh copy of Windows 7.

Intel i3
Asus H110M
Ge force 730

I've installed drivers that came from mother board disk and I downloaded nvidia drivers and installed them too.

My graphic card is geforce 730 that has dvi/hdmi/vga ports however when I plug in my monitor to a vga port nothing happens and when I try to go to the nvidia control panel I get a message that no display is attached to the graphic card.

I'm currently using the intel gpu for display.
When I open my device manager, under display adapters I have
Geforce Nvidia GT 730;
Standard VGA graphic adapter

Please, please help!

Solution

Great! Yes, try downloading the updates now. Let me know if the experience program works now too. (This is a funny temperamental program though, with quite a few bugs for some users) If the experience program works, make sure to do a 'clean install' every time.

Good luck!

K.

Bora Mitricevic

Reputable
Aug 21, 2014
Also, when I try to update the Standard VGA graphic adapter to Indel HD I get a message "The computer does not meet the minimum req. for installing the software."

Don't know if that has something to do with the original problem.

Kenton82

Reputable
Dont worry about updating the onboard graphics.

You can disable the onboard graphics, but first i would do this: go into display adaptors in device manager, and right clicking your on board GPU, then select scan for hardware changes. This should search for any changes to your display equipment i.e the new GPU you have installed.

If it finds it, then you can re-boot, and go back into device manager, and select onboard graphics, right click, and disable. The scan for hardware changes MAY do this for you though.

K.

Bora Mitricevic

Reputable
Aug 21, 2014

Oh wow, nothing happens at all.
I also installed nvidia experience and tried to install the drivers that way.
The install failed and the drives got reverted back to Standard VGA graphic adapter with a "!" symbol to it.

Now I have two Standard VGA graphic adapter drivers under the display adapters, but one has ! to it.

Bora Mitricevic

Reputable
Aug 21, 2014

I've plugged in the monitor into the new graphic card, and I got the display!
(nothing in the mobo vga)
Now I have only one Standard VGA graphic adapter in device manager.

Should I try to install Geforce drivers now?

Kenton82

Reputable

Great! Yes, try downloading the updates now. Let me know if the experience program works now too. (This is a funny temperamental program though, with quite a few bugs for some users) If the experience program works, make sure to do a 'clean install' every time.

Good luck!

K.

Solution

Bora Mitricevic

Reputable
Aug 21, 2014

Ty, I'm installing it right now. Will let you know if everything goes ok.

Kenton82

Reputable

No, the system will not run two different GPU's (unless in SLI / x-fire config)

Leave it as it is, and maybe look at a card that can run two monitors at a later date...