[SOLVED] No display being output to monitor, but everything seems powered and the monitor is fine

Oct 26, 2020
Build:
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-core
ASRock AB350 Pro4 ATX AM4 mobo
Team Dark 2x8 GB DDR4-3000 CL16 ram
Asus GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB ROG STRIX gc
SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 650 W psu
ViewSonic XG2401 144 Hz monitor

I've had this build for about 2 years with no issues, but now it won't display anything to the monitor. I've tested that the monitor is functional by mirroring a laptop to it. I've tried resetting CMOS using the mobo jumper. I've tried different DisplayPort cables with the monitor and tried with an HDMI cable to be sure it wasn't a port issue with the monitor or graphics card. I've made sure that everything is seated properly (though I highly doubt that's an issue as the build has been running seamlessly before this). The interior RGB on the graphics card is powered and the fans are all working properly, so I'm pretty confident that the PSU is functional. I've tried testing the USB ports to see if those are powered, but I couldn't charge my phone off of it, so I'm taking that as a sign that they aren't. I'm worried that my motherboard just up and died, but if anyone has any ideas or fixes they would be greatly appreciated.

Build:
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-core
ASRock AB350 Pro4 ATX AM4 mobo
Team Dark 2x8 GB DDR4-3000 CL16 ram
Asus GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB ROG STRIX gc
SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 650 W psu
ViewSonic XG2401 144 Hz monitor

I've had this build for about 2 years with no issues, but now it won't display anything to the monitor. I've tested that the monitor is functional by mirroring a laptop to it. I've tried resetting CMOS using the mobo jumper. I've tried different DisplayPort cables with the monitor and tried with an HDMI cable to be sure it wasn't a port issue with the monitor or graphics card. I've made sure that everything is seated properly (though I highly doubt that's an issue as the build has been running seamlessly before this). The interior RGB on the graphics card is powered and the fans are all working properly, so I'm pretty confident that the PSU is functional. I've tried testing the USB ports to see if those are powered, but I couldn't charge my phone off of it, so I'm taking that as a sign that they aren't. I'm worried that my motherboard just up and died, but if anyone has any ideas or fixes they would be greatly appreciated.
Try by individually using the ram in each slot

Oct 26, 2020
Yup,take only one ram and try it in each and every slot and do the same with the other ram

No signal still when testing each ram stick in each slot. During testing, the computer would keep power cycling until I switched off the PSU. It still does the power cycling after putting the ram sticks back in their original slots.

EDIT: The ram wasn't seated correctly, fixed the power cycling issue.

Last edited:

rgs80074

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
i'd say your graphics card came out some. My step dad had that happen all the time on a computer he used when he would play a golf game and bang on the table, over time the card would inch its way out to the point it wouldn't work. and then i'd be called over to find out what was wrong with the pc.