Question No display even after complete driver reinstall

Jun 22, 2019
Recently shipped a computer with a xfx rx 580 in it, once the customer got it he said that it wouldn’t display so he returned it. It’s not the ram or mobo or cpu or psu because I’ve tested it in multiple systems.

It’s probably broken for good but I’m hoping anyone else has ideas for me to try.

First I tried putting it in my personal system and it would refuse to even post.

I do not have a cpu with integrated graphics so I tried just putting it in the other pcie slot and it booted off of the other gpu.Windows detected it in the device manager but updating drivers, deleting and reinstalling wouldn’t work.

If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
If the CPU-MoBo-RAM and PSU work, just replace the GPU and once your get the system to POST and boot, ship it back to your customer.

As far as thar XFX RX 580 goes, if you can't use Radeon drivers with it, GPU is basically dead. You may have some luck with GPU BIOS flashing but don't count on it. Though, when you have warranty on that GPU, you can RMA it but other than that, cut your losses.

Life lesson: next time when you ship an assembled PC, do not use the standard cheap shipping. PCs are very sensitive to vibrations and i'd be using extra care to package and ship the assembled PC.
Packaging guide: https://www.wikihow.com/Ship-Electronics
Many postal services also offer fragile item shipment which costs more than standard shipping but at least it ensures the fragile item arriving without damage.