Question No display from GPU

Feb 16, 2022
I have recently upgraded my psu and gpu and am now unable to get display from the gpu, although the fans are spinning. However when I use display from the motherboard it works as normal.

My old GPU also does not work on this system since the changes with the same issue. Wondering whether the pcie slot got damaged when I removed the gpu previously or if there is some problem with the psu. Psu is corsair hx1000 and new gpu is Rtx 3080.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Display 'out' from the motherboard can be disabled by default when a PCIe GPU is detected (will depend on the board though), which would suggest the3080 isn't being detected.

Certainly possible you damaged something ..... Or that the GPU is not seated correctly.
I'd look to reseat the GPU and, if that doesn't work, try clearing the CMOS.

You do have the necessary PCIe connectors plugged into the GPU? Power from the PCIe slot would be sufficient to run the fans only....

Feb 16, 2022
Yes I have 2 6+2 cables running into the 3080FE supplied adaptor which seems to be firmly in the gpu. However I also am not getting display from a 100% working 1050 that I put in to test which only uses pcie slot for power, similarly the Fans are on with no display. I already tried to reseat the 3080 but to no avail. I’ll try clear the CMOS tomorrow.