I just put together a new PC.
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1080
MEMORY: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB
STORAGE: Samsung EVO 970 1 TB SSD (m.2)
MOBO: ASROCK B450M PRO4
PSU: Seasonic 650W

The problem:
There is no display. I have tested the monitor and the display cable. I have had this same problem while trying 2 graphics cards and 2 motherboards, so I don't think either is faulty. Honestly, having ruled out all of those, I am at a loss about what is wrong. I have tried resetting the CMOS as well. The fans on the GPU run. The only other thing I can think to try is putting my GPU in my friend's PC, but I am doubting it is a faulty GPU. It didn't work with a different card I had around either. Can anyone suggest what might be wrong/what steps I can take to narrow it now?

Updates:
I have been pluggin the display cable into the gpu, not the mobo.

Last edited:

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
are you plugging the video cable into the back of the graphics card or the mobo?
if you're plugging into the mobo then that's your issue because the CPU doesn't have integrated graphics and typically on any system, even one's that have CPU's with an integrated chip, whenever a GPU is installed, it becomes the default display adapter and you have to enable the iGPU in BIOS to be able to use it along side having a GPU installed.

And seeing as how you've mentioned swapping out mobo's are you making sure to redo the thermal paste evertime you take the cooler off the CPU?

Aug 26, 2019
are you plugging the video cable into the back of the graphics card or the mobo?
if you're plugging into the mobo then that's your issue because the CPU doesn't have integrated graphics and typically on any system, even one's that have CPU's with an integrated chip, whenever a GPU is installed, it becomes the default display adapter and you have to enable the iGPU in BIOS to be able to use it along side having a GPU installed.

And seeing as how you've mentioned swapping out mobo's are you making sure to redo the thermal paste evertime you take the cooler off the CPU?

Yep, redid thermal paste. No, cable was plugged into gpu. Thanks, let me know if you can think of anything else.