Question No display image

deathsavior84

Commendable
Nov 27, 2017
Okay, not sure if this is in the right place. If not I am sorry. I recently had some issues with my Customer built desktop. After upgrading my video card to a MSI Radeon 5700 XT, things worked good for a about 3 weeks and then I just stopped getting anything on my display. I also upgraded my RAM from 16 gigs to 32 gigs at the same time. I have tried swapping out for my old video card and still same issue, computer boots up everything is lighting up and fans on the inside are running. But No display. I have also replaced the CMOS battery after it started, tried testing the ram to see if one may be bad. But no beeps or anything. Will post my specs.

Motherboard: MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon
CPU: Intel Core I-7 6800k 6 core 3.60 GHz
CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro series H100i
Video Card: MSI Radeon 5700 xt 8 gig
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB pro 32 gig (2x16 gig) ddr4 3200
PSU: Corsair RMx Series, RM1000x

Any advice would be a great help.

iiSlashr

Reputable
Mar 10, 2019
Try a different HDMI slot. If that doesn't work, try a DisplayPort connection. Make sure the HDMI is plugged into the GPU, not the motherboard. Make sure the HDMI is solidly connected to the monitor, and ensure that it's set to the correct input.

deathsavior84

Commendable
Nov 27, 2017
Try a different HDMI slot. If that doesn't work, try a DisplayPort connection. Make sure the HDMI is plugged into the GPU, not the motherboard. Make sure the HDMI is solidly connected to the monitor, and ensure that it's set to the correct input.
Thanks for the tips, my motherboard doesn't have on board video. But This can be closed or what ever. I thought I had tested with taking out 1 stick of the ram and booting, guess I was wrong. Found 1 stick of ram is faulty. It boots with the good stick just fine. Contacted corsair and the ram is being replaced.