• CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
  • MB: NZXT N7 B550
  • RAM: 4 x 8GB Corsair Dom Plat 3600mhz
  • GPU: MSI Suprim X 3090 Ti
  • PSU: Corsair RM1000X
  • AIO: Kraken Z73
  • Storage: Samsung SSD 980 Pro 1TB nvme & Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB
  • Monitors: 2 x 27" Asus TUF VG27V
Everything is brand new except for the monitors which are only a couple years old. When I first built this system I was unable to get a display and enter BIOS even though everything appeared to be working fine (everything lighting up, fans all spinning, no debug led staying on). The only way I was able to get my BIOS to display on a monitor was to remove the graphics card and put in a Ryzen 5 5600G CPU and use the integrated graphics. With the Ryzen 9 5900x and MSI 3090ti in, when I power on my PC I get a "no signal" on my monitor for a few seconds until Windows 10 loads. I never see the NZXT splash screen on startup. The issue is not that I can't get into BIOS but only with getting BIOS to display on a monitor.

Things I have tried:
  • Change PCIE slot
  • Removing all USB
  • Cleared CMOS
  • Using HDMI or DP
  • Clean install of windows 10
  • Booting with one stick of RAM in each slot, tried this with one of my 3600mhz sticks as well as a different 3200mhz stick
  • Updated BIOS to the most recent version by using BIOS Flashback function
  • Tried using a different monitor
  • Updated GPU drivers
  • Updated NVIDIA Display Port drivers
So far nothing has worked and I am unable to get my BIOS to display on a monitor.

Specs
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
  • MB: NZXT N7 B550
  • RAM: 4 x 8GB Corsair Dom Plat 3600mhz
  • GPU: MSI Suprim X 3090 Ti
  • PSU: Corsair RM1000X
  • AIO: Kraken Z73
  • Storage: Samsung SSD 980 Pro 1TB nvme & Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB
  • Monitors: 2 x 27" Asus TUF VG27V
Everything is brand new except for the monitors which are only a couple years old. When I first built this system I was unable to get a display and enter BIOS even though everything appeared to be working fine (everything lighting up, fans all spinning, no debug led staying on). The only way I was able to get my BIOS to display on a monitor was to remove the graphics card and put in a Ryzen 5 5600G CPU and use the integrated graphics. With the Ryzen 9 5900x and MSI 3090ti in, when I power on my PC I get a "no signal" on my monitor for a few seconds until Windows 10 loads. I never see the NZXT splash screen on startup. The issue is not that I can't get into BIOS but only with getting BIOS to display on a monitor.

Things I have tried:
  • Change PCIE slot
  • Removing all USB
  • Cleared CMOS
  • Using HDMI or DP
  • Clean install of windows 10
  • Booting with one stick of RAM in each slot, tried this with one of my 3600mhz sticks as well as a different 3200mhz stick
  • Updated BIOS to the most recent version by using BIOS Flashback function
  • Tried using a different monitor
  • Updated GPU drivers
  • Updated NVIDIA Display Port drivers
So far nothing has worked and I am unable to get my BIOS to display on a monitor.
Sounds like you either have fast boot enabled which certain systems that basically leaves the mobo itself in a sleep state so it boots super quick to the point you won't see a splash screen.... Or splash screen display set to 0secs so the moment the system boots it again didn't display the screen it goes strate again to boot.....

Before you even press the power button on the case start spamming the f2 key and as you press the power button on the case continue to spam f2

Feb 21, 2023
Sounds like you either have fast boot enabled which certain systems that basically leaves the mobo itself in a sleep state so it boots super quick to the point you won't see a splash screen.... Or splash screen display set to 0secs so the moment the system boots it again didn't display the screen it goes strate again to boot.....

Before you even press the power button on the case start spamming the f2 key and as you press the power button on the case continue to spam f2
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, the issue doesn't seem to be getting into the BIOS but only with getting a display signal sent to a monitor while in the BIOS. I believe I have been able to get into the BIOS both by spamming F2 on startup and by holding shift while selecting restart in windows and then choosing to enter UEFI. I know that I'm in BIOS because if I hit F10 on my keyboard which is "Save & Exit" for my MB, the PC will restart and then load into windows.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, the issue doesn't seem to be getting into the BIOS but only with getting a display signal sent to a monitor while in the BIOS. I believe I have been able to get into the BIOS both by spamming F2 on startup and by holding shift while selecting restart in windows and then choosing to enter UEFI. I know that I'm in BIOS because if I hit F10 on my keyboard which is "Save & Exit" for my MB, the PC will restart and then load into windows.
I'm honestly actually confused looking it up some people are for some reason saying replacing their mobo was the trick I guess it is a common issue. However some dumb place a few people are saying replacing the psu did the trick I don't see how the psu would affect the bios post and nothing else but yeah....

I'm honestly actually confused looking it up some people are for some reason saying replacing their mobo was the trick I guess it is a common issue. However some dumb place a few people are saying replacing the psu did the trick I don't see how the psu would affect the bios post and nothing else but yeah....
For the naa sayers out there going no one would say this is a psu issue I thought the same till just one example
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/NZXT/comments/upy1q1/help_nzxt_n7_b550_wont_load_bios_new_pc_build/

JTWrenn

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008
This really sounds like everything is working but the output selection. ie it boots, everything works once software gets to pick the video out, you can get into bios but no video.
Two things come to mind. First, weird monitor settings that won't allow for an ultra low resolution or some odd display there. That kind of goes away if you used the same monitor to connect to the onboard, but you never know.
Second, I understand it is hard to get into the bios but I would suggest trying to use the onboard to get in and check the gpu settings in the bios. I would guess that it is somehow set to onboard rather than auto, and I would see if you could change that to pcie. Their manual is horribly basic and doesn't show any of the bios settings so I can't help much there but it is the first thing that came to mind.

Good luck, this sounds like a pain because you can't get in there to do much.

Feb 21, 2023
Just found this

Looks like this might be an nvidia issue for some people and nothing at all to do with the BIOS. If you have another graphics card you can put in there to test that would be a super simple way to figure this out.
This really sounds like everything is working but the output selection. ie it boots, everything works once software gets to pick the video out, you can get into bios but no video.
Two things come to mind. First, weird monitor settings that won't allow for an ultra low resolution or some odd display there. That kind of goes away if you used the same monitor to connect to the onboard, but you never know.
Second, I understand it is hard to get into the bios but I would suggest trying to use the onboard to get in and check the gpu settings in the bios. I would guess that it is somehow set to onboard rather than auto, and I would see if you could change that to pcie. Their manual is horribly basic and doesn't show any of the bios settings so I can't help much there but it is the first thing that came to mind.

Good luck, this sounds like a pain because you can't get in there to do much.
So the one time I was able to get into the BIOS, I had to remove the GPU and swap my CPU to the ryzen 5 5600G and use the integrated graphics. When I swapped back to the ryzen 9 5900x and put my 3090ti back in, the first time I powered on the PC I got a VGA led debug light. I then had to clear the CMOS before it would load into windows. If I do what I did before to get into the bios and change the gpu settings to auto, wouldn't this get reset back to onboard (assuming that's the default) if I need to clear CMOS again after swapping the parts back? The only reason I want to get into BIOS is so I can enable XMP because I think it was reset the first time I went through this.

Feb 21, 2023
For the naa sayers out there going no one would say this is a psu issue I thought the same till just one example
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/NZXT/comments/upy1q1/help_nzxt_n7_b550_wont_load_bios_new_pc_build/
I believe I came across this post a while ago while researching. If my PSU and everything else wasn't brand new, then I would try getting a different one but I have been using this PC everyday and have had no other issues besides being able to get a display out in BIOS.

I believe I came across this post a while ago while researching. If my PSU and everything else wasn't brand new, then I would try getting a different one but I have been using this PC everyday and have had no other issues besides being able to get a display out in BIOS.
No and I get that I'm not saying it is the issue I just have had several post the past few months well your just saying that you never actually had proof that this was said blah blah blah.... So for once I remember hey show proof otherwise everyone in this forum like to target you and call you an idiot and a lyer and someone who knows nothing of what they talk about.... So before that became another issue I stopped it in the works....

As for everything else yeah the only thing I can suggest is by a cheap 30 card on offer up or something see if that works..... It can also be that your bios is in legacy not uefi which rtx cards require

JTWrenn

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008
So the one time I was able to get into the BIOS, I had to remove the GPU and swap my CPU to the ryzen 5 5600G and use the integrated graphics. When I swapped back to the ryzen 9 5900x and put my 3090ti back in, the first time I powered on the PC I got a VGA led debug light. I then had to clear the CMOS before it would load into windows. If I do what I did before to get into the bios and change the gpu settings to auto, wouldn't this get reset back to onboard (assuming that's the default) if I need to clear CMOS again after swapping the parts back? The only reason I want to get into BIOS is so I can enable XMP because I think it was reset the first time I went through this.

Was thinking set it manually to PCIE gpu and hopefully it won't require a clear cmos to get it up. If it doesn't work then you can always clear cmos to get back to normal. Just something to try to see if it then boots fine is all. Also a good reason to always pay that extra even if you are not gonna use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.