[SOLVED] "No display" issues

Nov 23, 2021
I have a 1050ti that went out some time ago. I left the room, asked the wife to watch my computer so kids dont mess with it, she didnt, as i understand my daughter tugged at the cords plugged into the gpu and it blackscreened. After taking to a shop to make sure it was gpu related they confirmed it. Long story short i held onto it to try to repair latter as a new project. I decided to plug it into my other pcie slot to see if windows recognized it. It does, it sees the gpu. I tried the dvi, the hdmi, and the display port, tried multiple different cables, nothing. What could be causing a no display? I even tried it on 3 different motherboards, could my kid have tugged it hard enough to loosen the solder points for all three ports and if so is there a way i can check that? Are there other issues that can cause no display that are not related to the ports? any fixes for this, i read you can pop one in the over, but if im going to do that id rather use my heat gun and focus on the ports themselves but wonder if that is a viable option, has anyone else had a simliar issue and were you able to fix it and if you were how?

Solution
as i understand my daughter tugged at the cords plugged into the gpu and it blackscreened
Its possible to cause some extent of hardware damage while the Monitor is turned on and plugged into the GPU.
The proper way to unplug the monitor is to power it off first with its power button or control, then unplug it from the outlet or if its connected to a power strip you can switch it off and then you can safely unplug it from the GPU. Its a 3 way step.

This is also how I would power down my Drawing tablet which projects its display from the GPU to itself. It may be tempting to just "unplug" the device from the cable - especially if its turned on, but it is actually hazardous. I'd power it off the unit first, then switch it off from...
as i understand my daughter tugged at the cords plugged into the gpu and it blackscreened
Its possible to cause some extent of hardware damage while the Monitor is turned on and plugged into the GPU.
The proper way to unplug the monitor is to power it off first with its power button or control, then unplug it from the outlet or if its connected to a power strip you can switch it off and then you can safely unplug it from the GPU. Its a 3 way step.

This is also how I would power down my Drawing tablet which projects its display from the GPU to itself. It may be tempting to just "unplug" the device from the cable - especially if its turned on, but it is actually hazardous. I'd power it off the unit first, then switch it off from the power strip before pulling the cable away.

I think this is also the reason why the design of the old VGA and DVI cables have 2x hand screws beside the port, making it hard to "tug" away. Its prevent something exactly like this from happening. HDMI can easily be tugged though, however for DP you need to press down beneath the notch of the DP cable before you can "tug" it away as it has some sort of locking mechanism.

but if im going to do that id rather use my heat gun and focus on the ports themselves but wonder if that is a viable option
I wouldn't do this, not unless you have in depth knowledge about replacing the ports, or someone who worked on making GPUs. Afaik, GPU ports aren't easily replaced as they are embedded onto the GPU. It can't be done by heat gun alone.

Sadly I think the only viable option is just to replace the GPU, albeit it is expensive.

Solution