No display, multiple error codes on x99x Killer

Umbjabaya

Reputable
Jan 30, 2016
I recently finished building my new gaming rig and everything had been working great for a couple weeks until a few hours ago. I downloaded Team Fortress 2 earlier today and played for a couple hours. When I tried to close it, my screen went black and the monitor flashed "No Input Detected." My computer was still working fine other than the display being down as far as I could tell: Skype was still running and according to my friends I was still logged into Steam. After waiting for a few minutes I decided to just restart my computer. When I tried to boot back up, my Dr. Debug was stopping on error code 99. I checked my manual and this code apparently means there's an issue with the PCI-E connection. So I shut everything down and moved my graphics card to a different PCI-E port. Start up, same error. I shut down again and tried resetting CMOS both by press the clear CMOS button on the motherboard and by removing the battery and putting it back in. Once I started up again after replacing the battery, my Dr. Debug now flashes between 19 and 60 before stopping on 53. I have no idea what to do and it seems like everything I try makes the problem worse... Please help!

My build:
Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor
ASRock Fatal1ty X99X Killer ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard
2x(Kingston FURY 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory)
EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 Video Card
EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Running Windows 10

Solution
Hey Alexoiu.
Just to note. It was the Mainboard. After I received the replacement the error was gone and I finally could finish my machine.
Thank you for your time anyhow.

Umbjabaya

Reputable
Jan 30, 2016

Reseating the RAM cleared up the 53 error code. Still getting error 99. Running without the graphics card gives error d6 (could not recognize the VGA)

Umbjabaya

Reputable
Jan 30, 2016

Swapped cards, still getting error 99
Should I be concerned with all of the different codes Dr. Debug gives me as I start up, or just the one it stops on?

stookie72

Commendable
May 11, 2017
Did you solve it in the end?
I have the same issue right now with a GTX1050 Card.
If I plug it in Slot's 1-2 I get Error 99. If I plug it in slot 3 I get d6.

Thank you for any advice.

stookie72

Commendable
May 11, 2017

Hi Alexoiu.
Noctua NH-D15S (16cm) and it is connected directly to the Board on CPU Fan1 socket.
The Noctua comes with a additional "Powerdrainer" if the Fan is running too fast but that is not installed.

stookie72

Commendable
May 11, 2017

I am currently in deep resetting CMOS (Battery out) but of course will also try that. Will post back.

stookie72

Commendable
May 11, 2017
Hii Alexoiu.
So. Did the FAN change. Case Fan for CPU and CPU Fan on a Case.
Same error.
Removed all ram's apart from one.
Tried different Graphic Card.
No avail. :-(
Interestingly enough during the swapping parts around it brought up differet errors. Mouse/KB missing for example where I thought hurray I'm at my end. But once plugged in, error 99 was back.
Taken all apart now and packed it up again to bring it back to the shop for Replacement/Refund. Let's see.

stookie72

Commendable
May 11, 2017
Hey Alexoiu.
Just to note. It was the Mainboard. After I received the replacement the error was gone and I finally could finish my machine.

Solution