Question No Display, No Beep Codes, No Post but the fan is spinning.

Oct 5, 2022
Hi!

I have a problem here and having a hard time fixing this problem, that's why I post this thread Hoping to solve my problem.

So Yesterday my PC working perfectly but now I try to start it, it turn on (fan spinning, RGB fan Spinning) but there's no display, there's also no Beep Codes. I try to turn it off using the button in my tower but it doesn't turn off no matter how long I press it, it doesn't off, so I decided to unplug it. Now I try some diagnostic

First I remove my 2 ram and try turning it Hoping that the Beep sound will come, but it doesn't, I also try to clean the ram with eraser and turn on but still having same results, I can't turn off it so I unplug it

Second i remove all the components and start cleaning like (applying new thermal paste in my CPU and GPU), Removing the SATA cable and turn ON, still same outcome, I did try to check if my Monitor is problem but it's not the case

I was looking for answer in Google and YouTube, but the results are PSU problem, IDK if that's true I did some test on my PSU by Turning it ON using Wire, it works but I don't know if the PSU don't give enough Power.

I also have history of PSU problem I'm thinking if the PSU is the problem.

What are you're opinion on this?
Thanks for reading

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2022
full system spec? include brand and model of the psu
Is Quite an old System

CPU A8-3870K
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-A55M-DS2
RAM: Skihotar 4GB DDR3
STORAGE: 500GB HDD, 120GB SSD
GPU: Gigabyte GT630 2GB DDR3
PSU: I don't quite know but it's not from Known PSU Manufacturer.
(But this is all I know: 700W Generic, 250W Rated)

I don't know if this enough...

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
700w, 250w rated? That's not a psu, that's not even a good paperweight, it's a firehazard. Psu's like that should be banned, illegal, as they are nothing more than e-waste.

Recommended psu specs for a pc with a gt630 are 330w, and thats 12v output, not the combined wattage of 3.3/5v rails, which is what that miserable excuse for a power supply has done.

Regardless of whether it's the issue or not, that psu should be replaced with at a minimum of a lower end bronze rated unit like Evga BQ or Corsair CXM 450w. Those at least have certified protection circuits of at least ATX standards.

Once the psu is replaced, and a known good output, then you have eliminated one possibility and can look for other suspects, if it's even needed.

Oct 5, 2022
700w, 250w rated? That's not a psu, that's not even a good paperweight, it's a firehazard. Psu's like that should be banned, illegal, as they are nothing more than e-waste.

Recommended psu specs for a pc with a gt630 are 330w, and thats 12v output, not the combined wattage of 3.3/5v rails, which is what that miserable excuse for a power supply has done.

Regardless of whether it's the issue or not, that psu should be replaced with at a minimum of a lower end bronze rated unit like Evga BQ or Corsair CXM 450w. Those at least have certified protection circuits of at least ATX standards.

Once the psu is replaced, and a known good output, then you have eliminated one possibility and can look for other suspects, if it's even needed.
That's indeed true... I kinda hate myself not thinking that, but anyway thanks, I will give you a follow up if the PSU is indeed the problem, and I will check those PSU that you recommend. Thanks a lot