No display, no post beeps, new x470 Asus prime

aratherpurpleleo

Commendable
Jun 30, 2018
Hi guys, just finished building my pc (my first time building my own, I've built a few office pcs for my girlfriend and work though) however I can't seem to get it to POST, I've tried waiting 10 mins, trying to boot with nothing but the bare minimum plugged in, dvi and hdmi slots, made sure all of the cables are plugged in properly into the motherboard (from this I discovered that with the CPU power plugged in the GPU fans will stop spinning after about 5 seconds as they should but with it not plugged in the fans spin endlessly, not sure if this helps or not)

This pc is made from a mix of parts from my old pc and new parts.

The new parts are:
Ryzen 7 2700x
Asus x470 prime
Corsair vengeance 3200hz 2x4gb

The old:
MSI gtx 1060 6gb
RS-500-PCAP-13 PSU (500w)

All parts were checked for compatibility on pc part picker and there shouldn't be any issues.

Any help is much appreciated!
Thank you!

aratherpurpleleo

Commendable
Jun 30, 2018
Ok so I ended up testing the power supply and graphics card in my old setup and they work fine, so it's got to be an issue with either the motherboard or CPU, any good ways to test which it is?

poopstains82

Proper
Jul 6, 2018

yea I found the solution , I was shipped a DOA motherboard and they sent me a new one and ive had no issues sense

poopstains82

Proper
Jul 6, 2018

im pretty sure its ur mobo , same issue I had , cuz it was shipped DOA, a new one was sent and no issues since, it had the same symptoms urs does , so chances are that's wat it is , I would honestly buy a speaker with it as well, for error codes . if it does happen in the future..i bought one for the same reason