No Display - Old GPU Works, Two Newer Cards Do Not.

pixelsdontmove

Commendable
Oct 31, 2016
Problem: No display at all.

Old GPU 7950 GX2 works(with and without 6-pin), but not my 770GTX. Internal HD4600 works as well.

Now, that sounds like a GPU problem right? Right, I went a head a purchased a 980 today for cheap money, doesn't work either.

Plugged the 770GTX into another motherboard, which has a low end PSU and not enough 6-pin connectors. At least now I get a screen saying "No sufficient power to PCIE." So it has an output, being able to print that on screen.

Is this the CPU, PSU or Mobo causing this? It all started when I was playing Titanfall 2, it all froze with an image still showing on screen. Turned it off, then on, and no screen. Could it be a failing PSU, so that low voltage allow the "lesser" card to work?

Anyone experienced similar? Did a bit of googling, but it seems like an uncommon problem.

You need to provide your full specs for people to understand whether there are parts of your PC which could be problematic.

What can be stated is this: the GTX 770 is the most power demanding and the 7950 GX2 the least. I refer you to this and this. This piece of information would suggest to me an insufficient PSU.

However, you do mention freezing with Titanfall 2 so there could be other issues and I assume that was with the 7950 GX2. (Overheating is another possibility.)