Apr 24, 2022
Hi!

My Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32 GB 3200 MHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B550M DS3H Rev 1.5
GPU: ASUS Phoenix RTX 3050
PSU: Corsair CX650M 80+ Bronze

Everything was running okay until one day I tried to install my old HDD. There was "No Signal" on my monitor but the Windows was booting up. So I removed the HDD and the problem didn't go away. I thought may be clearing CMOS would fix it but it didn't.

So I uninstalled my GPU and it was working perfectly through IGPU. So I thought it might be the dust and disassembled everything and dusted thoroughly especially the PCIE slot. Then I removed and inserted the CMOS battery and installed back the GPU. It worked for a few days and as I don't have any UPS the power cuts are also a problem. After one, it did the same issue. Then I researched and found out that Windows Boot Manager might be corrupted as well as the BIOS since it somewhat communicates with it. So after a few hours I saw it automatically corrected itself and worked for a few days before doing that again.

So I reinstalled windows and reflashed BIOS and I did this countless times along with battery reinstallation. I thought one of them - GPU or Mobo might be the problem. So I tried the GPU with my old mobo and there was no issue. So I thought my current mobo has problems but there is no issue with IGPU.

Then I found out that it gives a beep error message with CSM support disabled with GPU as if there is nothing installed in PCIE slot even when there is a GPU installed.

And currently I am not able to get the GPU to work. This is weird but when I switch on my PC after a few hours the GPU shows the mobo logo for a few seconds and then the monitor turns off. I tried flashing the BIOS with previous version (the version the release notes of which says "Addresses potential UEFI Vulnerabilities (LOGO fail)" but it is still the same.

I am unable to understand what is wrong . I have tried everything and I've run out of ideas.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
How old is the unit?

You might want to source(borrow, not buy) a reliably built PSU with at least 550W of power at the entire system's disposal.

What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard at this moment of time?

The Lost Soul

Commendable
Apr 24, 2022
How old is the unit?

You might want to source(borrow, not buy) a reliably built PSU with at least 550W of power at the entire system's disposal.

How old is the unit?
2 years 3 months

The PSU is 650 W.

Currently it's F4. Tried F5b previously.