No display on monitor with graphics card plugged in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clinton Penner

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013
Hey guys, so I just built a new PC.

Motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M
Processor: AMD FX 8320 8-core 3.5GHz Black Edition
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6670
Ram: 4x2gb sticks (Brand unsure, bought for old setup)
Power supply: 650 watt

Now for the problem,
My monitor will not display anything with the graphics card plugged in! I've tried both VGA and HDMi cables. I am currently running it with Windows 7 installed without the graphics card installed and its running smooth! But as soon as the graphics card is in it craps out.. Any ideas?

When I first got it all setup I re-used the graphics card I bought for my old setup a Zotac GTS450, and as you could guess it wasn't working, so I bought this new one (Listed above) thinking the old one was just dead!

When its all plugged in with the graphics card everything seems to be running? All fans going, everything is still all lite up, and no beeps, but no display whatsoever. Kinda frustrating, let me know if you have any ideas please! Thanks guys.

Note: After posting this I realized probably should have posted this under "Graphics and Displays" sorry, I'm new...

Solution
You should choose the 3rd option for it to be able to boot from the graphics card.

If it doesn't work still, make sure your graphics card is properly seated. If it STILL does not work, let me know what power supply you have.

You also might have a faulty graphics card.

Other then that, the option HAS to run on the 3rd one in order for you graphics card to boot rather than the onboard graphics

Clinton Penner

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013

I wish it was that easy... I didn't forget the connector. The old one defiantly not, and the new one I can't even find a connector? And doesn't tell me anything in the manual about it.. So I don't think it exists on the AMD Radeon HD 6670. But if you find anything to prove me wrong please show me!! It seems strange to me.

Andy11466

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2013
If that's not the case, you'll have to go into your bios settings and look for what graphics to boot from.
Default would be set to the in built motherboard graphics, there should be an option to change it to the pci-e slot.

Clinton Penner

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013

I saw this solution in another post when I was googling it, and could only find this in my BIOS.
zmgidu.jpg

And when I chose the one that started with PCI my computer showed nothing, and I had to pull the battery from the motherboard to reset the defaults..

Andy11466

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2013
You should choose the 3rd option for it to be able to boot from the graphics card.

If it doesn't work still, make sure your graphics card is properly seated. If it STILL does not work, let me know what power supply you have.

You also might have a faulty graphics card.

Other then that, the option HAS to run on the 3rd one in order for you graphics card to boot rather than the onboard graphics

Solution

prodopragu

Reputable
Jun 23, 2015
Are you sure you have the correct graphics driver installed. If there is no correct driver for the graphics card, it is non-sense to buy new card. Check it through Device Manager >Display adapters.

If there is a yellow question mark on the card, it means your driver is broken or missing. Then you need to download and install the driver for it.

Go to get the driver from your graphics card manufacture's website or use automatic driver update tool without time-consuming searching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS