[SOLVED] No display on new build

Pappa91

Prominent
Feb 5, 2020
Hi!

My PC(new rig) runs but monitor doesn't react and usb-ports don't seem to have enough power.

Have issues with my new PC i built which it powers up but my monitor stays black as if it isn't plugged in and when i tried plugging in my mouse(which has RGB lightning) it lights up for 1-2 seconds before it simply dies.

I've tested both the monitor and the mouse and they work perfectly. I've tested with 2 different PSU (one older and a newer one, both 500W).
I also tested swapping out my GPU to see if it was at fault, but no, same problem persists.
The motherboard doesn't give out any beeps and all the fans, GPU, watercooler and RGD lights are running and nothing indicates that the pc tries to reboot itself, so sadly I don't have many clues to go on...

The first PSU i tried is almost 9 years old Corsair CX 500W PSU, the other one i have to check when i get home which came with an Acer Aspire GX-781 and is roughly 2-3 years old now.
The 1050 card is a MSI Geforce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Gaming, the 1060 card is 3GB

This is my rig :
Corsair hydro h150i pro (360mm)
ROG Strix z390-f
intel i9 9900K
1x 8gb DDR4(Don't remeber exact name/model grabbed it from an old acer PC)
2x 120mm fans
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 3GB
*NOTE The other GPU I tried with: MSI Geforce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Gaming
1 TB HDD
2x 250gb SSD
PSU: Corsair CX 500W PSU(almost 9 years old)
*NOTE Other PSU i tried with: Don't know model but it's a 500W will update later but it comes with an Acer Aspire GX-781 and is roughly 2-3 years old

EDIT: The GPU I swapped with was a Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 6GB(i think, i'm sure it's it's an 1050)
EDIT 2: Added name of PSU i'm using and specified the GPUs i've been testing.

Sorry for my english not my native language, i'll try make some clarifications if needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
SOLVED. I Managed to find what was causing the issue, which was rather dumb from my part... I forgot to also plug in the 8-pin power cable to the motherboard...(checked the downloadable manual for my motherboard which didn't come with the motherboard itself, only a quick guide that skipped that part)

Sorry if i wasted your time but i'm thankfull for your efforts to help me out.

Pappa91

Prominent
Feb 5, 2020
GTX1050's come in 4GB flavors while the GTX1060 comes in a 6GB flavor. You're also going to have to mention the make and model of both PSU's tried and their age.
The first PSU i tried is almost 9 years old Corsair CX 500W PSU, the other one i have to check when i get home which came with an Acer Aspire GX-781 and is roughly 2-3 years old now.
The 1050 card is a MSI Geforce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Gaming, the 1060 card is 3GB

Pappa91

Prominent
Feb 5, 2020
ASUS ROG STRIX Z390F Gaming - CPU Support List

Are you able to determine what BIOS version is running? For the I9-9900K, the CPU Support List shows you need at least BIOS version 1005.

-Wolf sends
Don't know how i can check BIOS when I can't see anything on screen besides, the motherboard and the i9 9900k came as a bundle when i got the upgrade bundle package together with a SSD :/

Reactions: chasetherazor516

Pappa91

Prominent
Feb 5, 2020
SOLVED. I Managed to find what was causing the issue, which was rather dumb from my part... I forgot to also plug in the 8-pin power cable to the motherboard...(checked the downloadable manual for my motherboard which didn't come with the motherboard itself, only a quick guide that skipped that part)

Sorry if i wasted your time but i'm thankfull for your efforts to help me out.

Solution