No display output from GPU

wildpug

Prominent
May 13, 2017
So recently I bought a whole new system, and I set it all up and it was working fine, then I installed the Netflix app and started to get crashes, I get artifacting when I watch Netflix sometimes, and sometimes it will even blue screen me, but other than that I never had any issues. However recently it crashed, but instead of bluescreening it just froze, I rebooted it and it said it failed to locate boot drive, so I have reseated my m.2 1tb SSD (because it's done that a couple of times before as well).

Upon rebooting, instead of booting normally, it gave me that screen that all mobos give telling me the manufacturer and press del to get into bios etc, but it just froze on that screen, so I figured it was probably just unstable and that it could be fixed with a clear CMOS, so I did that, and now I am not getting any output from my GPU at all, I have a brand new GTX 1080ti Gigabyte Xtreme, I have tried all the DP ports and HDMI ports on 2 different monitors and I get no output at all.

I have no idea why it is doing this, I've reseated everything, checked all the power cables​, I have swapped pcie ports, so far nothing has worked, the computer is running fine otherwise, all the lights turn on and all of the fans are spinning, even on the graphics card.
Does anyone have an idea as to what is happening? Any help is muchly appreciated

My Setup:
CPU: i7 6800k
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Xtreme
RAM: 32Gb Corsair vengeance 3000mhz
PSU: Corsair HX 850i
Mobo: Gigabyte X99 Designare-Ex
CPU cooler: Corsair H110i
Storage: M.2 1Tb Samsung 960 Evo (boot drive)
3Tb Seagate barracuda

Color_

Commendable
Jul 13, 2016
Sounds like you could have a corrupted boot partition. What else have you tried? The same issue happened to me previously and I had to format my drive. Do you have any other drives you could install windows on and try to boot? That would remove the "Corrupted Boot Partition" issue and we could diagnose it as something else. (When i say that i dont mean remove it from your computer. I mean remove it from the list of issues)

Edit This could also be the reason for your GPU not displaying as a corrupted boot partition would stop your GPU Driver from starting with the rest of your system.

wildpug

Prominent
May 13, 2017

I will admit I haven't tried fixing that, how would I go about... Uncorrupting it? Would I have to boot on another drive and then format the partition with the OS install?

I will try removing the SSD entirely and see if I at least get a useable post and an accessible bios

Color_

Commendable
Jul 13, 2016
The easiest way you can fix a corrupted boot partition is to reinstall windows. Which in turn requires you to format your SSD. But i understand that you might have stuff on your SSD that you need so thats why I asked if you could install windows on another drive to see if you get past BIOS screen.

wildpug

Prominent
May 13, 2017

So I removed the SSD, and even though there are no other drives with an OS on them (although a I could change that) I should be getting a propmt for a boot drive selection or something like that, however the screen just remains blank and says no input...

Color_

Commendable
Jul 13, 2016
Does your Motherboard support Integrated graphics? If it does try plugging it into the DVI port on your motherboard and see if you get BIOS Screen

wildpug

Prominent
May 13, 2017

Unfortunately not, all it has is a DP IN port, so there is no integrated graphics output... And I did try the port anyway, with the graphics card both in and out and I still got no display input

wildpug

Prominent
May 13, 2017

Graphics? Or HDD? Graphics no, HDD yes

Color_

Commendable
Jul 13, 2016
Yeah. Grab a spare HDD and install windows on it (assuming you still have install disk/usb). Then unplug your every other Storage Device (Including your mobile phone or external HDD/SSD) and just leave your new boot disk plugged in and see if you get post.

wildpug

Prominent
May 13, 2017

But, I would do that, except I tried earlier and got no display... So how do I install the new os?

wildpug

Prominent
May 13, 2017

That's alright, thanks for trying if I do find a solution I'll be sure to post it