Question No Display, Please help!

whitejacob68

Reputable
Sep 8, 2018
Okay so this is going to long..
I just bought a optiplex 7010 for a friend, upgraded the power supply to a 500w evga power supply and upgraded it to 16gb of ram with a ssd and gtx 1070 fe pretty okay build for starters. Anyways one night he was playing and got blue screened, then it wouldn’t boot back up and it kept going into recovery mode and then boom nothing brought it over here I worked and worked on it and got it to come up a couple times but only bare bone no HD’s no nothing just in the bios then it would quite working. Finially changed out the power supply with a 650 same problem just tried since I had it laying around, bought a brand new motherboard and it worked! As I’m trying to figure out what happen to the boot mgr it had to shut down and reboot well it shut down and it when it came back up same issue fans would ramp up but no display same issue as before, now everytime I flip the switch to give power it comes on by its self, fans ramp up but no display. Like I said I got it to work for about 30 minutes but then the new motherboard went to crap again so I highly doubt it’s cpu

whitejacob68

Reputable
Sep 8, 2018
i saw a tread about this power supply doesn’t have enough power for 5v and 3.3v rail and could be distorting the motherboard but it does the factor motherboard is 15 ad 15 this one is 24 and 25