Question No display port signal from graphics card.

Sep 9, 2021
Hi all, recently got my hands on an EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra and have installed it and only the HDMI ports send a signal. None of the DP ports are sending signal.

So far I have tried different cables, different monitors, updated drivers and bios and I event went out an got a new case and higher wattage PSU and still the same issue. I have also checked all connections.

Here are my specs

CPU 5950x
GPU Evga 3080 FTW3 ultra
MB ROG Strix B550-I BIOS: v2603
PSU Coolermaster V850 SFX
Case: Lian li q58 (with a PCIE4 Riser cable that comes with it)

Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated. But I get a feeling that there is some kind of setting I have on my MB because when using EVGA X1 Precision software it has this:

https://i.postimg.cc/fR2xXxQV/GPU-issue.png

You have no signal at all? At no point? Not even during the POST, no BIOS, nothing?

Have you checked the built in menu on the monitor itself for input settings? Some monitors require you to manually change the setting to DP, DVI, HDMI, etc.

You are absolutely certain you are plugging the DP cable into the DP ports on the graphics card and not the motherboard right?

You are 100% certain you have seated the DP cable FULLY, at both ends? Because sometimes it is VERY hard to get them to fully seat in the port. Also, check to see that there is no debris or fuzzies or anything, little piece of plastic, whatever, in any of the DP ports or in the end of the DP cable.

Make sure you have the MOST current motherboard BIOS version.

Were you using displayport with your previous graphics card? If so, try putting that card back in and see if it still works using DP.

DId you buy this card new or used?

Sep 9, 2021
You have no signal at all? At no point? Not even during the POST, no BIOS, nothing?

Have you checked the built in menu on the monitor itself for input settings? Some monitors require you to manually change the setting to DP, DVI, HDMI, etc.

You are absolutely certain you are plugging the DP cable into the DP ports on the graphics card and not the motherboard right?

You are 100% certain you have seated the DP cable FULLY, at both ends? Because sometimes it is VERY hard to get them to fully seat in the port. Also, check to see that there is no debris or fuzzies or anything, little piece of plastic, whatever, in any of the DP ports or in the end of the DP cable.

Make sure you have the MOST current motherboard BIOS version.

Were you using displayport with your previous graphics card? If so, try putting that card back in and see if it still works using DP.

DId you buy this card new or used?

Thanks for the response.

I have tried everything suggested above and even the old GPU had the same issue. The only thing I can think of hardware wise now is the pre installed PCIe riser?

I know it's likely a REAL PITA, but I'd suggest you try it on the bench, with no riser.

Sep 9, 2021
I know it's likely a REAL PITA, but I'd suggest you try it on the bench, with no riser.

Thanks again. So I have done as suggested above and can confirm that no display ports work from two different GPU's when directly plugged into the motherboard.
So it seems like there is a motherboard issue. With the motherboard I have updated the bios and even downgraded to a different version and this has not fixed the issue.