Question No display qcode b6 even after cmos reset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 20, 2020
So,
I woke up this morning, walked into my office, and my pc is in the bios.

I discarded and changes (there were none) and exited. My pc went to restart and went straight back to the bios. I checked the boot able devices and it showed none. So I changes all setting the default in the bios menu and hit save and quit. When my computer tried to start again I got q code b6 and no display, all of the other peripherals, fans, and cooler appear to be worked. I reset the cmos by removing the battery, and using the bios reset button on my motherboard and neither have worked.

I have tried reseating and only using one ram stick, and removing my gpu and booting using on board graphics, but neither have worked.

I'm totally at a loss and would appreciate any advice.

Specs:

i7-8700k
Asus strix 1080ti
Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
2x8gb Gskillz Trident rgb RAM
NZXT Kraken x72 AIO
EVGA Supernova 850 G3 850watt psu
1tb Samsung 970 Evo m.2 nvme ssd

Sean Green

Prominent
Feb 20, 2020
So,
I woke up this morning, walked into my office, and my pc is in the bios.

I discarded and changes (there were none) and exited. My pc went to restart and went straight back to the bios. I checked the boot able devices and it showed none. So I changes all setting the default in the bios menu and hit save and quit. When my computer tried to start again I got q code b6 and no display, all of the other peripherals, fans, and cooler appear to be worked. I reset the cmos by removing the battery, and using the bios reset button on my motherboard and neither have worked.

I have tried reseating and only using one ram stick, and removing my gpu and booting using on board graphics, but neither have worked.

I'm totally at a loss and would appreciate any advice.

Specs:

i7-8700k
Asus strix 1080ti
Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
2x8gb Gskillz Trident rgb RAM
NZXT Kraken x72 AIO
EVGA Supernova 850 G3 850watt psu
1tb Samsung 970 Evo m.2 nvme ssd
I dont really know much but your error code b6 corresponds to:
B6Clean-up of NVRAM
after looking into it nvram is a little chip on your motherboard

Sean Green

Prominent
Feb 20, 2020
If it is still b6 and that is to clean-up nvram as of the manual, there is a way to clear it by pressing windows+alt+p+r and hold till you hear two chimes or if the problem goes away

Status
Not open for further replies.