[SOLVED] No display / Resets after 10 secs

youngy101

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2011
Hi, I was hoping someone would be able to help me out.
I left my pc on throughout the night to download some games, and when i went back in the morning it had blue screened. I reset it as it said, and now it shows no display on either hdmi or vga, and does a weird reset after being on for about 10 seconds. Once it does reset it stays on, but still no display.
Has anyone experienced anything like this before, or any helpful tricks would be great fully appreciated.
All fans and light turn on when the pc is on, including graphics card fan. It was working fine yesterday as I played a few hours.

Solution
Yeah, the PSU is most likely the issue. Probably the part that supplies power to the GPU went bad is my guess. Is there any way you could test your system with a different PSU? Like can you go to a friends house and borrow his PSU for a few minutes to see if you can get the system to boot? Maybe you can get a free replacement from EVGA, as they normally have good warranties on their products. Depending on the exact model of the PSU, you could have anywhere from 3 years to 7 years warranty on it.

youngy101

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2011
Well, unfortunately, that doesn't help narrow it down much. What power supply do you have?
A cooler master 700w silent pro. From what I’ve looked at online it maybe a power supply issue because it has done this before with the resetting but the no display is new. It just seemed to randomly fix itself originally though.

Nov 11, 2020
Yeah, the PSU is most likely the issue. Probably the part that supplies power to the GPU went bad is my guess. Is there any way you could test your system with a different PSU? Like can you go to a friends house and borrow his PSU for a few minutes to see if you can get the system to boot? Maybe you can get a free replacement from EVGA, as they normally have good warranties on their products. Depending on the exact model of the PSU, you could have anywhere from 3 years to 7 years warranty on it.

Solution

youngy101

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2011
Yeah I’ve borrowed my friends pc so I’m going to swap a few parts and see if anything shows up. And the build it’s self it about 10-12 years old so I think warranty is a bit out of the question 😂