Question No display signal after changing GPU

Nov 5, 2020
specs:
PSU: EVGA gold 650
Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus
Graphics card: GTX 970 -> RTX 3080

So, I‘ve just recieved my 3080 and after I plugged it in my monitor couldn‘t even display the post screen. I‘ve switched back to my other GPU, my GTX 970, for the moment and everything works just fine. What I can say is that my motherboard, which has the debug lights, shows no problem with anything. Also, I’ve checked the cables and plugged them in again but that didn’t change much at all. On top of that, the fans of the 3080 are spinning and it is definitely on. I flashed my bios but that didn’t work either. Lastly, I haven‘t been able to change the GPU drivers which might be the problem. What im also suspecting is that the PSU is not enough because nvidia themselves recommend 750W but I am not able to test that atm.

Problem solved - unplugged everything, pressed power button for 30 seconds, reseated ram and it booted up just fine

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2020
I've got similar problem with rx 5500 xt on old asus h7p55-m pro motherboard with i7 860. But I can see bios and than the screen is black. 5500 xt works fine on my another newer PC with the same PSU. The older PC works fine with it's nvidia 9600gt GPU and old monitor through d-sub. Any ideas?

I've got similar problem with rx 5500 xt on old asus h7p55-m pro motherboard with i7 860. But I can see bios and than the screen is black. 5500 xt works fine on my another newer PC with the same PSU. The older PC works fine with it's nvidia 9600gt GPU and old monitor through d-sub. Any ideas?
Legacy bios is likely your issue as newer GPU's sometimes have compatibility issues with older PC's

TRENDING THREADS