[SOLVED] No display signal, PC struggling to start

Nov 26, 2018
So I unplugged everything externally (usb's, power supply, HDMI, ethernet, etc) and gave my PC's insides a good dusting. Didn't unplug anything internally.

Plug everything back up to fire it up and no display signal to my monitor.

SIDE NOTE: After a couple reboots I actually got a display signal, went into BIOS settings just to look things over, PC FROZE IN BIOS SETTINGS THEN TURNED OFF

Now when I boot up it turns off right away before starting up on its own again, but with no display signal. The CPU_LED light is also solid red.

Any ideas whats going wrong?
Spec: Intel i7-3770
GeForce GTX 970
16gb DDR3 1600Mhz RAM

Ask if that's not enough info, but maybe explain where to find the info you need, I'm not amazing with computers.

I have since disconnected/reconnected my sticks of RAM, my processor, and my graphics card with no luck

Solution
Hi,

Have you tried just using one RAM stick, with no GPU/storage attached and removing the CMOS battery for about 5-10 seconds which should reset the BIOS completely. I used to have an issue with my old system when my HDD was preventing boot up though.

breakingfelony

Reputable
Aug 1, 2014
Hi,

Have you tried just using one RAM stick, with no GPU/storage attached and removing the CMOS battery for about 5-10 seconds which should reset the BIOS completely. I used to have an issue with my old system when my HDD was preventing boot up though.

Solution