Question No display signal

Sep 2, 2021
Pc works fine, tried other display, sent it to a store to diagnose it, he called me back saying it was working perfectly.
Tried it on same displays again, same thing, no display signal.
Tried another pc, same displays, working smooth.
Build is
MSI B550 a-pro
Ryzen5 5600x
Stock cooler
Corsair 16gb X 2
A-Data nvme m.2 512gb
Samsung 750evo 250gb
Seagate barracuda 300gb
GTX 980ti
ASUS XONAR ESSENCE STX II
PSU antec 80 bronze 650W
Display is MSI optix MAG341CQ curved 34”
Im frustrated, reseated everything 3 times and nothing.
Any ideas please?

Sep 2, 2021
Did the store try both HDMI and DVI when they tested it?

Just DVI, im gonna buy a new DVI cable and test it again, im thinking, maybe my psu is old and not supplying enough power to my gpu and the hdmi output isnt working? Its a bit wierd that it worked at the store tho, and not at home on dvi. Different displays demand different power output from the GPU?

My PSU is 650W 80 plus bronze but its 8 years old, its the only part i havent changed from my older build, along wuth the case.

Last edited:
Reactions: rickypicky5
Just DVI, im gonna buy a new DVI cable and test it again, im thinking, maybe my psu is old and not supplying enough power to my gpu and the hdmi output isnt working? Its a bit wierd that it worked at the store tho, and not at home on dvi. Different displays demand different power output from the GPU?

My PSU is 650W 80 plus bronze but its 8 years old, its the only part i havent changed from my older build, along wuth the case.
Trying a new DVI cable is a good idea.

I'm not too sure about 'different displays demand different power output from the GPU'. I don't think that's true. AFAIK, the GPU only sends a display signal to the monitor and not 'power output'.

Also, your PSU has only a 3 year warranty. You might want to replace that at some point in the not too future.

Reactions: Akiraoda
Sep 2, 2021

I'm not too sure about 'different displays demand different power output from the GPU'. I don't think that's true. AFAIK, the GPU only sends a display signal to the monitor and not 'power output'.

Also, your PSU has only a 3 year warranty. You might want to replace that at some point in the not too future.

Thank you for all the help, ill post an update as soon as i can test the new dvi cable. 🙏

Sep 2, 2021

Bought a new dvi cable, worked on old display but not on my main display, its not showing the OSD and is not detecting the dvi port, the display is an MSI MAG341CQ, i read some stuff on the matter and its a common problem. Thanks all for the help!