[SOLVED] No display through gpu but works through motherboard

Oct 5, 2018
I shipped my gaming desktop from saudi arabia to France through saudipost; anyways, when I received my pc, it came in pieces, every got destroyed. The cpu fan was broken of the motherboard and was hanging, the motherboard was bent cause of the case ( they bent the case) and the gpu was still haning on the case but it was snatched from the pci-e slot.
I bought the parts that I wanted ( to turn my pac back on), at first i turned on my pc without the gpu and everything was fine; then I attached the gpu and nothing happened! The pc turned on, i get display through motherboard ports but not the gpu, it looks dead not even the gpu fans turned on ( but if it was dead, I don’t think I would’ve gotten display through motherboard).
The next day i took my gpu to a store and attached it to another computer and once again nothing happened.
I wanted to make sure that it’s not my motherboard that’s broken, so i bought a cheap gpu ( nvidia gt 710) and placed on my computer and this time, no display neither through gpu nor motherboard.
So idk what to do, if it’s the pci-e slot that’s broken or it’s the gpu or both

Solution
Why didn't you pay for insurance on the parcel? That way you could have claimed on the delivery company and got yourself a new pc. Thats what shipping your pc like that and cheaping out on not insuring it results in. Looks like your mobo, GPU and case are knackered. But life is full of lessons.

racksmith101

Respectable
Why didn't you pay for insurance on the parcel? That way you could have claimed on the delivery company and got yourself a new pc. Thats what shipping your pc like that and cheaping out on not insuring it results in. Looks like your mobo, GPU and case are knackered. But life is full of lessons.

Solution