Question No display with new GPU ?

Nov 4, 2022
Hiya y’all,

so I’m in the process of upgrading my pc and I was making the switch on graphics cards from the R7 250X to a GTX 760 but I’m running into the problem of whenever I install the new gpu I cannot get the display to show, on the the gpu or integrated graphics. The PSU is a 750W so I don’t think power is a problem. I’ve gone into the BIOS and enabled multi monitor and igpu as the primary, uninstalled all amd drivers. The only other things I haven’t tried is another/new monitor or one of the other ports as those are my last resorts (I play on a small tv screen, so I only use hdmi but I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s a problem). I’m still kinda new to upgrading pcs and this is the only problem I’ve encountered.

my specs are:
I7-3770
R7 250X (current gpu) Intel hd 4000 (integrated)
MOBO : Asus P8H61-M PRO/CM6630-8/DP or Asus cm6330_cm6630_cm6730_cm6830 (on the board says first thing then in system says the second)

750W PSU
16 GB DDR3 RAM

If it is a monitor thing then I’ll just have to buy one but I definitely wanted a second opinion ,and if there’s anymore info needed to try and help more, please ask!!

Last edited: