No display with onboard graphics while a new card is installed.

Winston Atkinson

Reputable
Jun 14, 2015
Hi,

I recently bought a new GeForce GT 730, and removed my old GeForce 8400 GS drivers. Before, the 8400 was working just fine. After I removed the old card and plugged in the new one, I got no signal. However, when I took out the card, the onboard started working. ( as I am posting this right now )

My PSU is sufficient for both cards.

Winston Atkinson

Reputable
Jun 14, 2015

I changed the setting to PCIe, installed the card, but it still dident work. What else could be the issue?

Winston Atkinson

Reputable
Jun 14, 2015

My motherboard is a EMCP73VT-PM, and my PSU is a ATX-250-12E. What could be the issue?

Edit: There is a display driver named windows basic driver I cant uninstall.

Reyaz123

Admirable
Solution

Winston Atkinson

Reputable
Jun 14, 2015

The power supply I have says it suppots 400W, and the previous graphics card also worked beforehand.

Winston Atkinson

Reputable
Jun 14, 2015

No extra connectors, so that won't work. I have reset my BIOS so I'm starting to think I may need to get a new MOBO.

Reyaz123

Admirable
Last idea.
Disconnect your graphics card. Boot into windows normally
If your graphics card came with a CD or documentation from where download/install the drivers, go ahead and do so.
Power off your PC, connect the graphics card back into the slot.
Power on your PC

Hope it works.

Winston Atkinson

Reputable
Jun 14, 2015

Thanks for all the help, going to lay down and attempt this in the morning. Hopeing that does that trick.

Winston Atkinson

Reputable
Jun 14, 2015
So, after a bit of insomnia and caffeine, I got it to work.

First, I system restored to a point that I knew the drivers were installed. Then, I installed a 500W psu that was in another computer. Turns out the new supply worked.

Again, thanks for all the help Reyaz, it sure payed off.