hemantrtk980

Reputable
Sep 15, 2018
I got a PC diagnostic card. After inserting the card in PCI slot, monitor displays nothing. And even there is no error code on the card.
What did I missed?

Solution
If you bought one of those really, really cheap diagnostics cards, then the card is most definitely your problem. Quality control is usually the failing of most of the ebay, AliExpress sellers, and you never lose anything by meticulously inspecting such products BEFORE putting them into use. Look for solder bridges and misaligned components on the PC board of the diagnostics card. In my experience, that's the kind of flaw you will find--and that is repairable.

If you bought a name-brand, well-supported card, then RMA that sucker and get a replacement card.
If you bought one of those really, really cheap diagnostics cards, then the card is most definitely your problem. Quality control is usually the failing of most of the ebay, AliExpress sellers, and you never lose anything by meticulously inspecting such products BEFORE putting them into use. Look for solder bridges and misaligned components on the PC board of the diagnostics card. In my experience, that's the kind of flaw you will find--and that is repairable.

If you bought a name-brand, well-supported card, then RMA that sucker and get a replacement card.

Solution

hemantrtk980

Reputable
Sep 15, 2018

Generic PC Diagnostic Card 4-Digit ISA PCI POST Analyzer Tester https://www.amazon.in/dp/B019EUXIP0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_z16HCbS9YFBW8

Got this card.

hemantrtk980

Reputable
Sep 15, 2018
That exact ISA/PCI diagnostic card is listed in several other places on the Internet, with universally bad reviews--most say that it just doesn't work. Return it for a refund, if you can.

i removed the card and everything just works fine. i tried reinstalling the card but now the card is not working at all, no led light, not error display on card.
can you suggest a good debug card please.

The last time I bought POST diagnostics cards for ISA / PCI bus interfaces, the cards were being sold under the brand name "P.O.S.T.-Card" and "P.O.S.T.-It". They were good quality, but were not inexpensive; and it appears that the companies selling them are now no longer in business.

Looking over the listings at Amazon.in, I do see some products that have higher ratings, yet none that will offer you both ISA and PCI bus interfaces, or even just PCI.

There is a card that is very similar to something that I have in my box of PC diagnostic goodies that I can guess would work well for you, if you do not need the ISA bus interface.
V10D_1_20181030820916134.jpg

I cannot say how good the ebay seller is, and I have no connection with him or her, but you can take a look at the listing here:

LEAGY PTI8 Laptop PC & Computer PCI Motherboard Diagnostic Tester

I will say that, having the ability to move the diagnostic display to the end of a cable was, for me, really what I needed back when I was servicing computers in the field--you can't always see a diagnostic display mounted on the side of a card that you're stuffing down into I/O Bus sockets.

तुम्हाला शांती आणि आशीर्वाद

Last edited: