Question No DisplayPorts working on RTX 2070 Super ?

Dec 19, 2022
Hello all

I'm in major need for some advice surrounding the display ports on my RTX 2070 super!

When I had initially upgraded to this graphics card back in 2019 I was only using the HDMI output due to having a rather terrible monitor, which only had a single HDMI port. Fast forward to 2020 when I finally upgraded to a Asus TUF VG27W curved monitor, but when attempting to use it with my graphics card none of the card's DisplayPorts work, leaving me to only use the HDMI input. I thought this might have just been down to a faulty port on the monitor or broken DP cable, but I had tested both these with my housemates PC and there were no issues.

Now in 2022 my girlfriend surprised me with another Asus TUF monitor for Christmas! Although I am still having major issues with the DisplayPorts on my card to arrange the dual monitor setup, as there is only 1 HDMI port. I've updated all the graphics drivers and tried reseating the card in both PCI-1 and PCI-2 slots with still no luck. listed below are my PC specs.

Any help and advice would be fantastic! Thank you all and hope everyone has a great Christmas 😁

PC specs:
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 2600
GPU - MSI NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super
PSU - EVGA B3 750w
RAM - 2 x HyperX 8GB
MB - X370 Gaming Plus (MS-7A33)

jiv808

Honorable
Sep 5, 2018
Hi
I'm in a similar situation. I recently purchased a 2nd hand RTX2070 off ebay only to find that I can't get any output from the two top DP ports.
And this is on Linux Mint. So I'm forced to use the HDMI port and 3rd DP port for my two monitors.
I believe the ports are faulty. BUT as usual the seller didn't mention this...

TRENDING THREADS