[SOLVED] no drives in startup manager

chouiyekh

Commendable
Nov 20, 2017
hi there,
i'm trying to install macos mojave from usb so i prepared my usb with mojave os using transmac on windows (i've already done it in other mac), then when i try to boot from the usb can't see any drives in startup manager just the internet recovery ! and when i entered the recovery, everything appears properly, Macintoch HD and the usb.
i tried to repair the macintoch HD drive and erase it but still have the problem nothing appears in startup manager, only shows internet recovery, please help.

i have macbook 2016

Solution
i did what you said about installing default OS (macos el capitan) after downloading the OS, it's start to install it but got this error

could not be installed on you computer. No packages were eligible for install.

Don't use date to set the correct date, just set the date back to when the certificate was valid. Sometime mid-2017 should be safe. Try that & tell us what happens.

https://techsparx.com/computer-hardware/apple/macosx/install-osx-when-you-cant.html

chouiyekh

Commendable
Nov 20, 2017
Would start from scratch and install the default OS while in recovery and then go from there. It will generally install the OS that came with your Mac.

Recommend making the USB via the terminal.

Grace and peace.

i did what you said about installing default OS (macos el capitan) after downloading the OS, it's start to install it but got this error

CloudyFaygo

Prominent
Sep 23, 2019

Don't use date to set the correct date, just set the date back to when the certificate was valid. Sometime mid-2017 should be safe. Try that & tell us what happens.

https://techsparx.com/computer-hardware/apple/macosx/install-osx-when-you-cant.html

Reactions: chouiyekh
Solution