[SOLVED] No Ethernet via MoCA Adapter

Bekrah

Commendable
Jan 10, 2020
‘Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration’ is the message that I keep receiving even though I have done the follow troubleshooting procedures.

Uninstalled Intel Killer Performance Suite (because it was causing serious issues with WiFi).

Reset Network Settings (via Advanced Network Settings)

Command Prompt: netsh int ip reset

Command Prompt: netsh winsock reset

Command Prompt: ipconfig /flushdns

Command Prompt: ipconfig /release

Command Prompt: ipconfig /renew

I am using a ScreenBeam MoCA 2.0 Network Adapter as that is my only option to receive Ethernet on my PC.

Windows 11 is the OS that I am using.

Nothing has worked for me and I am very frustrated to say the least. If anyone has any advice, it would be most appreciated.

Nothing has worked for me and I am very frustrated to say the least. If anyone has any advice, it would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

Solution
No.
The Coax and Ethernet light is green only on the MoCA unit that is plugged into the router.
The other MoCA unit (which is where the PC is plugged into) has the Ethernet light illuminating only.
That is your problem then. The coax you are connecting to does not properly connect to the other unit. You will have to trace your coax. Could be your coax is not connected to anything or your coax is connected to an old splitter that is not MoCA compatible.

kanewolf

Titan
‘Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration’ is the message that I keep receiving even though I have done the follow troubleshooting procedures.

Uninstalled Intel Killer Performance Suite (because it was causing serious issues with WiFi).

Reset Network Settings (via Advanced Network Settings)

Command Prompt: netsh int ip reset

Command Prompt: netsh winsock reset

Command Prompt: ipconfig /flushdns

Command Prompt: ipconfig /release

Command Prompt: ipconfig /renew

I am using a ScreenBeam MoCA 2.0 Network Adapter as that is my only option to receive Ethernet on my PC.

Windows 11 is the OS that I am using.

Thank you.
The "COAX" light on both units is green ?

Bekrah

Commendable
Jan 10, 2020
No.
The Coax and Ethernet light is green only on the MoCA unit that is plugged into the router.
The other MoCA unit (which is where the PC is plugged into) has the Ethernet light illuminating only.

kanewolf

Titan
No.
That is your problem then. The coax you are connecting to does not properly connect to the other unit. You will have to trace your coax. Could be your coax is not connected to anything or your coax is connected to an old splitter that is not MoCA compatible.

Solution

Bekrah

Commendable
Jan 10, 2020

I’ll look into it.
Thank you so much for the advice!