[SOLVED] No fans spinning, no MoBo LED's lighting up.

francisasfrancis

Reputable
Sep 9, 2018
Hello everyone!
So due to a failure in my previous build I recently attempted to re-build my system with a couple new components in order to get my PC back up and running, but I've seem to hit a snag...

the components I replaced are the motherboard:
• replaced MSI B-450 Tomahawk MAX with an MSI B-550 A pro
And the PSU:
• replaced power supply with an NZXT C850 watt

Re-used parts are:
• Ryzen 5 3600 CPU
• 16 GB G-skill Ripjaws RAM kit
• XFX RX570 GPU

Put the system together on the motherboard box, attempted to boot by bridging the PWR switch pins with the screwdriver and absolutely nothing happens. None of the fans spin (that's the CPU cooler, PSU, and GPU) and no motherboard LED's are illuminated. Not even with standby power from the PSU switch being turned on...

I've done the usual R&R (remove and replace) tests with the RAM, CPU cooler (just in case) CPU, and GPU. Thinking it was the power supply I did the paper clip jump test and it spun right up no problem, but just to be sure I tried using my old power supply but got the same exact results.

I think I've narrowed it down to my motherboard, but part of me refuses to believe that seeing as how it's a brand new board! I understand dead components ship all the time brand new, but I suppose I'm jut feeling extra unlucky especially since my last system had a motherboard failure as well which only raises my suspicions more!

could this be my MoBo, or perhaps a CPU issue?

thanks everyone in advance!

Solution
Hello everyone!
So due to a failure in my previous build I recently attempted to re-build my system with a couple new components in order to get my PC back up and running, but I've seem to hit a snag...

And the PSU:

Re-used parts are:
• Ryzen 5 3600 CPU
• XFX RX570 GPU

Put the system together on the motherboard box, attempted to boot by bridging the PWR switch pins with the screwdriver and absolutely nothing happens. None of the fans spin (that's the CPU cooler, PSU, and GPU) and no motherboard LED's are illuminated. Not even with standby power from...
Hello everyone!

And the PSU:

Re-used parts are:
• Ryzen 5 3600 CPU
• XFX RX570 GPU

Put the system together on the motherboard box, attempted to boot by bridging the PWR switch pins with the screwdriver and absolutely nothing happens. None of the fans spin (that's the CPU cooler, PSU, and GPU) and no motherboard LED's are illuminated. Not even with standby power from the PSU switch being turned on...

I've done the usual R&R (remove and replace) tests with the RAM, CPU cooler (just in case) CPU, and GPU. Thinking it was the power supply I did the paper clip jump test and it spun right up no problem, but just to be sure I tried using my old power supply but got the same exact results.

I think I've narrowed it down to my motherboard, but part of me refuses to believe that seeing as how it's a brand new board! I understand dead components ship all the time brand new, but I suppose I'm jut feeling extra unlucky especially since my last system had a motherboard failure as well which only raises my suspicions more!

could this be my MoBo, or perhaps a CPU issue?

thanks everyone in advance!
tried to take off all the components, just plug the atx 24pin and the cpu power pin, and perform bios update using the button?

The procedure is simple, download the bios, unzip the downloaded file, copy the folder from extracted file to flashdrive (must be formatted as fat32), inside the folder you will see the bios file (the one that named E7C56AMS.A84 ) copy it into the folder, and name it into MSI.ROM (yes, let the file extension changed from AF3 into .rom, just rename it completely MSI.ROM), and now you have 2 bios file, E7C56AMS.A84 and MSI.ROM . then after that plug the flash drive into top rear usb slot under the button for bios flash (in the same row, exactly below the button), and then plug the mobo cpu cables and 24pin into psu, turn it on, and press that button, and see if the led blinking.

Bios File

Here's how to if you don't understand:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTkXunUAriE

(just make a copy of the bios and rename it MSI.ROM, instead of renaming the bios directly, so that you have 2 bios, E7C56AMS.A84 and MSI.ROM)

Reactions: francisasfrancis
Solution

francisasfrancis

Reputable
Sep 9, 2018
tried to take off all the components, just plug the atx 24pin and the cpu power pin, and perform bios update using the button?

The procedure is simple, download the bios, unzip the downloaded file, copy the folder from extracted file to flashdrive (must be formatted as fat32), inside the folder you will see the bios file (the one that named E7C56AMS.A84 ) copy it into the folder, and name it into MSI.ROM (yes, let the file extension changed from AF3 into .rom, just rename it completely MSI.ROM), and now you have 2 bios file, E7C56AMS.A84 and MSI.ROM . then after that plug the flash drive into top rear usb slot under the button for bios flash (in the same row, exactly below the button), and then plug the mobo cpu cables and 24pin into psu, turn it on, and press that button, and see if the led blinking.

Bios File

Here's how to if you don't understand:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTkXunUAriE

(just make a copy of the bios and rename it MSI.ROM, instead of renaming the bios directly, so that you have 2 bios, E7C56AMS.A84 and MSI.ROM)
I'll give this a try soon, thank you!!!

Reactions: Koekieezz

francisasfrancis

Reputable
Sep 9, 2018
Hello again everyone!
After doing a BIOS flash I was able to get lights on the motherboard to turn on, as well as the GPU, but made a discovery once I installed the CPU. Nothing happens with that installed. Took it back out, turned the PSU power on and sure enough I got lights again. It is definitely the CPU. Thanks again for anyone who took the time to read, and reply!!!

Reactions: Koekieezz