Question No fault beep, no post Asus Prime B460M-a

Feb 13, 2021
Hi, building new rig,

I710700F (LGA1200)
Asus Prime B460M-A
Two 16GB T-Force Delta DDR4 3200 (only singular in when breadboarding)
PSU: Leadex III Gold pro SF-650F14RG
MetallicGear Neo Air case
Gigabyte RTX 2070Super
Corsair ICUE H100i Elite Capellex Cooler
XPG512gb SX8200 M.2 SSD
2TB Sata SeagateHDD

wouldn't post, tried breadboarding, still can't hear any error beeps or post beep, no lights to display errors on the Mobo either, is there an onboard speaker for errors with this Mobo or will I have to buy an external speaker. CPU and Socket are compatible.

Last edited:

zotn_dre

Distinguished
May 3, 2010
Terrible to hear your new build is not posting.
First thing to do would be to check the CPU power connector from PSU to motherboard (EATX12V ) is correctly plugged in.

Your memory should be in slot 2 & 4 however using other slots would still let it POST imo.
As there is most likely no speaker and also no diagnostic led currently it's difficult to diagnose so I would recommend to purchase a motherboard speaker.

Feb 13, 2021
Terrible to hear your new build is not posting.
First thing to do would be to check the CPU power connector from PSU to motherboard (EATX12V ) is correctly plugged in.

Your memory should be in slot 2 & 4 however using other slots would still let it POST imo.
As there is most likely no speaker and also no diagnostic led currently it's difficult to diagnose so I would recommend to purchase a motherboard speaker.
Hi, thanks for the help, I was able to pick up an external mobo speaker today. When trying to post it gave me the no VGA detected code (1 long, 3 short) I have tried to post using integrated graphics and then again with my 2070Super. Still get the same error beep no matter what, have re seated it and cleaned the 16x pcie port, replugged the power connectors, it uses 2x8 pin pcie connectors. Thinking it might be a power issue as Nvidia stated for the 2070super 1, 6pin & 1,8 pin port you need 650W power which I have, however since I have an extra 2 I might need more power. Will test that later today, any ideas would be appreciated :)

TRENDING THREADS