Question No image on screen since I updated the BIOS ?

Oct 14, 2024
I updated my ASRock B450M Steel Legend board to BIOS version 2.0. My CPU is a Ryzen 5 3600.
The monitor does not display an image after the update, I tried to reset the BIOS and but it still does not work, what can I do?

Are you using the on cpu graphics?

If so you needed to install the AMD all in 1 with VGA driver before installing the new Bios. Try borrowing a cheap gpu to install in the computer to gain video and then install the GPu driver 18.50.16.01_WHQL

https://www.asrock.com/mb/amd/b450m steel legend/#BIOS1
That processor doesn't have IGPU so it doesn't need or can use that driver. Driver wouldn't help anyway if he can't enter BIOS.

That processor doesn't have IGPU so it doesn't need or can use that driver. Driver wouldn't help anyway if he can't enter BIOS.
well when even their bios download page says
* Please install "AMD all in 1 with VGA driver ver:18.50.16.01_WHQL" or a later version before updating to this BIOS.
** User will not able to flash previous BIOS once upgrading to this BIOS version.

You would think there is a reason for that. Once you get to version 2.6 they no longer say that, so they must have put it inside the update.

Have you tried removing the battery and resetting the BIOS?

well when even their bios download page says
* Please install "AMD all in 1 with VGA driver ver:18.50.16.01_WHQL" or a later version before updating to this BIOS.
** User will not able to flash previous BIOS once upgrading to this BIOS version.

You would think there is a reason for that. Once you get to version 2.6 they no longer say that, so they must have put it inside the update.
That's only for Ryzen with "G"(APU) which have IGPU and drivers are because of Windows so it could be properly recognized in OS. Drivers are never installed in BIOS but in OS.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran