[SOLVED] no input sigal after cold start up

dr_pepper

Commendable
Nov 14, 2018
Ok so here's the issue that I'm having. When I turn off the pc at night and come back the next morning I only get the initial splash screen, spinning icon like its going to boot to windows and then no display signal. At first I would just turn it off and back on and then get a display signal and be able to sign in. I've noticed that if I let it sit for 15 to 20 seconds it'll post again and give me an input signal. If I leave it in sleep mode all day there's no issue with getting a signal right away.

asrock w480 creator lga 1200
intel core i7 10700
2x16gb corsair vengeance lpx
rxt 3070 founders edition

lg nano tv

Here's what I've done so far. Changed the power settings in windows, pcie options in the bios from auto to pcie. Flashed the bios to the latest version. I've turned off any sort of power saving features on my display. I used a different cable, inputs on the tv and even a second display and still no signal right away.

Is there a setting in windows or the bios that I may have missed or is this a sign of early hardware failure? Any help would be appreciated.

Johnwmel

Notable
Jan 21, 2021
Try these one at a time & then test.

How to Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-fast-startup-turn-off-windows-10-a.html
Or,
Windows 10 mouse/blank screen/random shutdown/reboot problems.
Start > Control Panel > Power Options > Balanced > Change plan settings > Change advanced power settings > PCI Express > Link State Power Management, try the Off setting.

Reactions: helper800
Solution

dr_pepper

Commendable
Nov 14, 2018
Ok, so before posting this thread I did turn off fast startup last night and this morning I got signal right away. I'll try again this evening but I guess that was it. Thanks!