No Input Singal - Display Issues on Monitor

kjames1973

Reputable
Jun 13, 2015
Hello,

I have a HP VX 27inch monitor with Windows 10 pro & a very low end graphics card that is a Nvidia GEFORCE 210 PCI-E. The issue I am having is merely an annoyance but I would like to resolve it.

After I walk way, my monitors screen goes to blank with a white box that says "no input signal" on it with red, green, blue I think. Very small one and it just rotates. When I move my mouse to wake it up it shows my normal lock screen then i hit up arrow and then i can log in.

How do I get my screen to show wallpaper or and not? I have it set to resume when I move mouse or touch keyboard. Basically I just do not want to see the white rotate box and no signal. It acts like it's not on anymore, but it is and my white buttons on the monitor bevel are hot white ice color and shows on. So, how do i adjust these settings in Windows 10 or the graphics card to stop showing this message and let just see screensaver? It's almost like my screensaver is not working right I think.

Hi,

It sounds like you need to change the Power Option settings so your monitor will not turn off.

- Open Power Option then click on "Change plan settings".
- Once open next to "Turn off the display" set it to Never and click on Save Changes.
- Also you can set your screen saver so you won't have a burn-in image if you keep it on the same screen for a very long time.
- Here's the complete guide to change your screen saver: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/customize-screensaver-settings-windows-10