Question No internet access

Dor5Dor

Honorable
Jul 27, 2017
Hey, so i have a pretty strange problem with my internet, it works good most of the day. But when the night comes my internet stops working all the night. I tried talking with my ISP about it. They had no clue how to fix it, a technician came to my house while my internet worked. Said he fixed it but still same results. Im pretty lost because of it. Don't know what could be the problem.

Sorry for my english. Not my native language.

errors im getting while the internet not working over and over

FylznHd.jpg

Please share me with everything you have in mind that can help me resolve it

Last edited:

shknawe

Respectable
Oct 22, 2016
It sounds like it is your company's end that is messing up. If your modem works during the day then not at night then back on during the day it is the company's fault. Call for another tech, they should check the line, cable, and outlet connection. along with the power upstream and downstream at night.

Reactions: Dor5Dor
This indicates there is a problem with the connection between your house and the ISP.

There is another screen that shows the powerlevels. You can look those up to see what the recommended values. It is a rather large table so I will not post it here it depend on what type of docsis and number of channels your ISP is using.

I bet your upstream power is going to be too high. This generally means the ISP is having trouble hearing your modem and told it to increase to maximum value.

There is little you can do about this. It is not likely a problem in your house. You should of course check all the cables to make sure they are all tight and no water or dirt has gotten into the connectors but after that the ISP needs to come out and check. Those messages on your modem are generally sent to the ISP so they should be able to see them.